Meds availability

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I have been to several pharmacies in Puerto Plata and nobody seems to have Celebrex. Any idea which pharmacy chain might carry it? Could go to Santiago too.
while we are on the subject I will be looking for Lisinopril ...where should I look?

thank you

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have been to several pharmacies in Puerto Plata and nobody seems to have Celebrex. Any idea which pharmacy chain might carry it? Could go to Santiago too.
while we are on the subject I will be looking for Lisinopril ...where should I look?

thank you
Are you asking for Celebrex or Celicoxib?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Try a Farmacia Carol. If they don't have what your looking for ask them to call another location. Their employees are usually very professional.

Reactions: bienamor

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Are you asking for Celebrex or Celicoxib?
My understanding is that Celebrex is the brand name and Celecoxib is the generic. I react very well to Celebrex so was hoping to find that. I have tried several pharmacies in Puerto Plata including Popular, Las Flores, Carrol, Crystal and they just look at me blankly. May try a 10 day supply of Celicoxib and see how that goes.

Reactions: Radical

Aguilucho0319

Jan 24, 2021
Cibao Region
Try generics! Based on my experience, finding US equivalent name brand is not very easy unless it’s a commong drug like Nexium or something like that. Typically here no one shops for name brand but more so generic name. Ask the pharmacy for the generic and try 10 day supply of it even from different manufacturers.
Good luck!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Try a Farmacia Carol. If they don't have what your looking for ask them to call another location. Their employees are usually very professional.

A while back there was a pharmacy thread, and I was a firm supporter of Farmacia Carol, but have since switched to Farmacia Medicar GBC, as their incredible prices are now very hard to compete with.
For example, a month supply of the blood thinner Eliquis 5mg was 7200 pesos in Carol, 5800 in GBC.