Meeting DR1'ers

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not fond of big lee's location. gotta park on the other side and cross the malecon, with all insane drivers.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
It would most likely be similar to some degenerate seniors type get together. I might suggest some lawn bowling and shuffle board would be in order.. Enjoy. :eek:

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I have been in country for almost 9 years but just moved to Santiago. Let me know when you have the get together and I'll be there.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We have had a few get together in NY in the past. We even had an annual picnic. :)

Yeah, for one year in a row, I think.

The NYC crew quickly fell apart after that. Laurapasinifan disappeared (broke up with his Dominican girlfriend and never went back?), Jalen Castro doesn't post anymore, Badpiece from what I read on DR1 is retired, Frank The Tank isn't allowed to hang out with people with outstanding warrants (kidding) :p:p:p, and no one trusts those two Puerto Rican mods from the Bronx, who as coincidence would have it lived on the same block during different times (what a coincidence).

I'm missing a few people but the ones I mentioned are the only ones I remember by name.

Also, a couple of get-togethers got cancelled at the last minute or didn't work out for whatever reason, and that was that. Too bad the vibe ran out of steam. Lots of cool people, though.

So there you have it. RIP to the NYC DR1 crew, never to be revived again. One the impetus for something like that dies, it never comes back unless there's an influx of new members who are down to hang out. The old crowd just went their separate ways, as people always do.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah, for one year in a row, I think.

The NYC crew quickly fell apart after that. Laurapasinifan disappeared (broke up with his Dominican girlfriend and never went back?), Jalen Castro doesn't post anymore, Badpiece from what I read on DR1 is retired, Frank The Tank isn't allowed to hang out with people with outstanding warrants (kidding) :p:p:p, and no one trusts those two Puerto Rican mods from the Bronx, who as coincidence would have it lived on the same block during different times (what a coincidence).

I'm missing a few people but the ones I mentioned are the only ones I remember by name. Lots of cool people, though. Too bad the vibe ran out of steam.

A couple of get-togethers got cancelled at the last minute or didn't work out for whatever reason, and that was that.

So there you have it. RIP to the NYC DR1 crew, never to be revived again.

What ever happened to our NY Dominican male mod. Feel so bad I can't remember his name

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when i started posting, in 2006, there were still meetings in SD, in adrian tropical, i think.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Wasn't there a gathering at Ikea awhile back?? I think CC was involved in that one....

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Chiri and family can run and hide, but I've always found them: visited them 31 Dec 2003 when they lived in Arroyo Hondo. Then a few more times in Mirador Sur, and the last few years in the Independent Republic of Punta Cana. Absolutely love 'em. See you in two weeks, y quiero volar drones.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For the Santiago-based DR1 crew...what would be a good location to host a meetup??

Just a few helpful hints. Send a pm to 3 or 4 DR1 members from Santiago. Discuss a location, day and time then start a new thread and name it DR1 get together in Santiago

then the details.................................etc.

You will never get everyone to agree on day and time so a few of you pick one and who makes it makes it.

Good luck

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chiri and family can run and hide, but I've always found them: visited them 31 Dec 2003 when they lived in Arroyo Hondo. Then a few more times in Mirador Sur, and the last few years in the Independent Republic of Punta Cana. Absolutely love 'em. See you in two weeks, y quiero volar drones.
The DR witness protection programme clearly isn't working. ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I gave CCCCCCC a puppy once.

CCCCCCC is every bit as big as he says he is. We have a mutual friend who was a friend of Jerzy Kosiński.

CCCCCCC is very cordial. He plunked down on the couch to go into world class raconteur mode.

Tragically the puppy had jumped up on the couch.

On a happier note he has great cigars.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I keep telling my "fren" El Chip-oh! that I'll visit him in Santiago and have a few beers. Would've liked to have met Cleef, OwnRules, Jim Hinsch, Hidalgo, and the lovely Jane/Jill. Met MamIndie (Indie) in Ft. Lauderdale and NYC: had so much fun, that the US Congress enacted a law against us getting together again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it gaspar hernandez, for the love of all that's holy. :laugh: but from today i will call it gasping hernandez. why is hernandez gasping, we will never know.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Derf,
get the map out

Rio San Juan is before Gasp Hernandez as you drive east..... about 1/2 hour before

Past RSJ is a wasteland, nothing, not worth the trip.... just me and a few other recluses

There is a checkpoint-
In order to pass,
you need the new cedula and you need to verify (reverify) your financial worthiness
really not worth the trouble.

Enjoy yourself in Rio San Juan.... Laguna Gri Gri, and other local attractions