MEN ONLY thread---your experiences in the D.R

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Since there is a ?ladies only thread, and in the spirit of fairness/equality, what do you guys have to say about you experiences in th D.R.?
This should keep us busy for a while...:glasses:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Fair enough let's see where this goes and remember the topic here is

"what do you guys have to say about your experiences in the D.R."?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
yes, sorry, I mean to mirror the women only version of this thread. So how about sharing our overall view of Dominican women as guys, many from another country and culture. The good, the bad and the ugly.....and by all means, the beautiful as well.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Does anyone know if ...

"place name here" still works at "place name here" ? hahaha, this should be good!

E.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I see you're having a hard time getting started so I'll help you guys out. ;)

What is it that attracts you to Dominican women? What attracts you to the DR in general? What has been your best or worst experience with Dominican women?

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Hmm, my gf will make love to me, then without me asking, will make me a sandwich and bring me a beer. No Canadian woman has ever done that for me. Marriage material I tell ya!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What I have found out is that I needed to be more firm with my Domincan wife, otherwise she just won't respect me. In the very beginning I did everything within my power to make her happy, including to acquiesing to here "ways" of raising our daughter, working 8 to 7, doing the grocery shopping, helping with cooking and washing the dishes and clothes - again all to make her happy and appreciative.

Nonetheless this plan was a complete and utter failure as she continued to demand more and more. Just recently she complained that she had to make lunch and dinner and watch the kids because the housekeeper didn't show up and that I should help her as I do "nothing" all day. I strongly reminded here, as I increasingly have to do, that I am paying all of the bills of the house including the RD40k monthly mortgage and that I don't have to do anything else.

After talking with many Dominican guys they say this is a common theme and the solution is to put one's foot down. Unfortunately she doesn't like the new me, but all I can say is I probably added 20 years to my life for having less stress, and the good part is that she seems to not be anymore unhappy than she already was.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
She does have a sister, but sorry guys, her sister is married. Haha, Hmm, but she can't be the only one that will do this. You might not find any as pretty, but that will treat you well, I'm sure there are a few out there. hehe

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
never underestimate the power of sex, beer, and sandwiches. I tell this to my Canadian friends, and their jaws drop. I've had other latina girlfriends treat me well - but this is a new level!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
for a lot of single men, the "no strings" attached life of the DR is very good.
man to woman: i want ____________________
woman to man: ok for this many pesos_______
nexy day: gracias and a beso and they both walk away...no strings

for those willing to go further, there's Chip's recommendation.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Hey, I'm not dissing canadian women, and I don't think they're nasty per se. I just find them colder, and less likely to want to take care of their man, with this whole "equality" bs. It's not that I expect this treatment, but getting it, especially when unexpected is nice, and appreciated. A "typical" canadian woman would find this sexist, and be reluctant to do it because it falls under "chauvenist mentality of gender roles" - women from many other cultures, not only dominican will see it as a nice deed, not an obligation, or anything like that.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I see you're having a hard time getting started so I'll help you guys out. ;)

What is it that attracts you to Dominican women? What attracts you to the DR in general? What has been your best or worst experience with Dominican women?

ATTRACTION-
Everyone has a certain "type". I am attracted to dark-skinned latinas. I love speaking the language because it makes me feel closer to them culturally, even if I am clueless as to their ways.:surprised

I am completely happy just sitting somewhere watching these women go about their daily business. The way they walk, dress and carry themselves-there is something unique about them that I haven't seen in other women.;)

ATTRACTION TO THE DR IN GENERAL-
For me its' a quick getaway from NYC, and it is so far removed from where I live in every way, shape and form that it seems as if I am on another planet. And that is definitely a good thing.;)
The fact that so many possibilities open up to you in terms of meeting people and visiting places-I've yet to encounter a place that has so much natural diversity packed into such a concentrated area-mountains, rain forests, beaches, cities-you name it the DR has it within driving distance.

BEST EXPERIENCE WITH DR WOMEN-
Too many to count. But its' not the only reason I keep going back.

WORST EXPERIENCE-
Packing for a trip specifically to go see the young lady whom I mistakenly thought was "THE ONE". Suitcase full of regalos, the whole nine yards. The day of the trip she doesn't answer the phone. I get there that evening and the same thing. For the next three days no answer. To this day I have no idea why she did this. No closure, no nothing. Just gone.:disappoin

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Upsides:

In general (these are generalizations of course, but there's always some truth to it) Dominican women take better care of themselves (hygiene wise), trying to look good, dress well, etc...Example you have sex with a Dominican woman and she will always be clean down there, smell good, take a shower before and after, etc. (so they tell me...ahem).

Dominican women are carinosas (loving). They will hang on to you, cuddle up to you (i.e. you're driving around with them sitting on the passenger seat), caress you in front of whoever, etc.

Doing things for you such as cooking your meals and serving it to you, getting you the beer, taking your shoes off when you get home tired, ironing your clothes and making sure YOU also look good for them, etc...does not bother them (it is expected I guess)

They are of course great dancers. Nothing like dancing with a Dominican girl that will embrace you and dance with you as if you both were ONE. She will "grind you" (quemar) while looking at you in the eyes...

Dominican women will go with you drinking and partying all you want (if you take them) and don't complain if you go out and don't take them. You can get home any time you feel like and she will be there waiting for you and give you some loving regardless of whether she's a little teed off...which BTW I've found that no matter how mad you're at each other Dominican women in general won't withhold sex from you, contrary to American women who will use it as a tool to get what they want from their husband.

Downsides:
You marry a Dominican, you're marrying her family too. This can be good sometimes if you happen to get into a good family, but in general is more of a pain than anything.

You're always late because she's trying to look so good it takes her forever to get ready. No sense of urgency about anything...

As Chip already mentioned you can't be too good with them, as they will think of this as weakness and not respect you.

Many Dominican women are so used to the guy doing everything for them, they don't have a voice of their own. For instance you go to a restaurant and you ask what does she want "I don't know, whatever you want..." or "Whatever you order"...No I want a woman who has an opinion...

In general not a whole lot of ambition to get ahead and not have to depend from a guy.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
You're always late because she's trying to look so good it takes her forever to get ready. No sense of urgency about anything...

I experience this everytime me and my wife go out!!!!!!!

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
My favorite thing about the dominican women that I have dated is their sense of taking care of their guy and their lack of experience in traveling and getting out in their own country. It is very enjoyable to me to be able to show a woman something she hasn?t seen before. Try that in the States. And most of the girls are game for anything, a small thing like staying in a decent hotel someplace is a big deal for them. And yes, a chick who really wants to look good and who is feminine is a treat.