Metro vs Caribe Tours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Does anybody know where Metro bus stops in Santo Domingo ? Is it far from the Caribe Tours station ?
Which of the companies will be must convinient if you are going to Zona Colonial ?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Caribe tours is closer to the Colonial Zone. Metro in my opinion is a better bus service.

The Metro station is on Winston Churchill behind Plaza Central.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Metro would be a first choice by many others as well. Caribe Tour drivers have cut me off, swerved around others at high speeds, drive like demons in populated areas and don't listen nor respond to written complaints to their head office nor written complaints from Secretary of Tourism and others. On either bus, wear a sweater or jacket, the a/c gets way too cold for a tropical climate. Otherwise, both have very comfortable seats.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Sit "dead nuts" in the middle of the Caribe Tours bus......

.......that way when you end up in an accident you are: a). in the safest position to withstand the impact from either the front end OR rear end crash and b). in a best position to get out of the roof exits in the case of anything worse............

I prefer Metro for all our employees, however Caribe gets to a lot of places where "Metro" does not currently travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.