MILDEW/ Termite Frass

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Any suggestions. Maybe it's the way our house is built, it retains dampness. Even if windows and doors are open, the mold sets in.

So many items with mildew fully formed or in process. Forget packing any closets tight...everything needs separation otherwise mildew and mold will form.

Is this just part of life in the DR?

Also, do not recommend all things wicker.....termite frass to ensue.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When we leave our place for extended periods of time we leave a dehumidifier on set at 75%. Last time was for 7 months thru the hurricane season. It was the longest we ever left it but it was in surprisingly good shape. That and the fact we are only 200 ft from the ocean we where very happy.
I don't think you can get rid of mold totally unless you run AC 100% of the time and even then I'm not sure you can eliminate it completely.
The cost to run a dehumidifier is approx. $1200 pesos a month depending on how humid it is outside and who your power company is.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ask your dirty water problem here ---

I was thinking..
if you had a tinaco (type of cistern) -
you would have a supply of clean water and when it rains & your water goes dirty - use that until the problem corrects.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Yes Bill, thanks.

The Tank is inbound and the Ecoserv has been installed and waiting to be connected, charged and the lines chlorine flushed. Greg from Ecoserv was really great.

It's been on the wall for a week now LOL. Tinaco and water pump coming.........any day now.......any minute now.........can't wash whites in the event a hunk of mud comes through.

The material in the water line is like an organic material. Not sediment. More like bottom of the river vegetative sludge...