Ministerio for foreighn affairs is gonna make yr face pic for ID? WTACH YOUR SHOES !

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Same thing at the courthouse. Women must have covered shoulders and no shorts or bermudas for the men.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Anyway, I appreciate formality more than walking around in t-shirts, shorts, sneakers , flip flops, baseball caps etc. But that is a personal opinion of course.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The arrogance to want to decide for a country where you are a guest what rules they should have and what statues they should keep.

Bad enough that in the Netherlands some (small) parts of the population, with a big mouth, try to remove parts of important Dutch history, don’t try exporting this to DR. Most of us Dutch (and other developed countries in Europe) could learn something from the pride Domincans have in their country and its history, with all the flaws it has.

Sep 20, 2003
That's for sure. Dominicans for the dominicans.
"Do you want more or less foreigners over here!??"
"Less!!"
"Dan regelen we dat!"

Sorry if you don't understand, it's a classic in the Netherlands
https://youtu.be/Gz5_L3NvQzw

I'm not against immigration in principle. I just believe that people should respect the country and culture they move to and obey the laws. I'm not a xenophobe. I believe in following in the rules.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
I am a member of the church of the flying spaghetti monster, and as such i feel the need to express my religious beliefs in my clothing.... kind of like a jew wearing that thing on his head. In my religion we are acustomed to wearing a colander on our head... i wonder if the DR will respect my religious beliefs in official photos.....?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
isn't the Netherlands in the news today....
some irritation with immigration.....

wait !!
music maestro ..... irritation with immigration

we might have a hit here !!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
When I went with a friend to see someone in the public hospital in Santiago, I was not allowed in because I was wearing shorts. There is no such rule at the posh private hospitals that I have visited! Anyway, I asked the security guard who was stopping me from entering if it would be alright if I wore a skirt like the females that were going in and he didn't see the funny side.

Actually I was lucky, because the sick person would probably have asked me for financial help!
You should not wear shorts in public at all. That's for muchachos!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Right..I know... I also hate that. That's why I showed up in new sharp ironed clothes, tie and jacket. My shoes were also brandnew and a bit open but with socks. Disrespectful clothing is typical for European people, I know. (Like they go for hiking)

I just posted this to warn people that have to spend a full day waiting there to have just the right shoes.....
You should not wear brand new shoes either. A gentleman never wears brand new shoes. Let your gardener wear them some months ! Ow those Dutch ....

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I am a member of the church of the flying spaghetti monster, and as such i feel the need to express my religious beliefs in my clothing.... kind of like a jew wearing that thing on his head. In my religion we are acustomed to wearing a colander on our head... i wonder if the DR will respect my religious beliefs in official photos.....?

The "thing" is called a yarmulke. Or in Hebrew, a kippah.