NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
JADZ7Ra.jpg

JADZYOJ.jpg

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Looks like horse stables, all the charm, POOF!, gone.

While it's nice they have upgraded los baños and i suppose the kitchens in the old version were perhaps not up to standards but good grief, if it wasn't for the cold Presidente in your hand you'd have to stretch your mind to know you're in the DR. And another thing, looks to be an awful lot of wood in those structures, I hope they have a better equipped fire department than LT.

Reactions: cavok

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Some folks could be in the Playboy jacuzzi full of gorgeous persons and complain about the water temperature.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
They did a great job. I am not sure why there were so many long delays. Sometimes there were months when construction was stopped 100%. Now however it looks great. The old facilities looked horrible. The men's bathroom was just a concrete trough with a wall abut 4 ft high around it. Very tall guys would be in full view I would assume.
The streets have all been paved all the way from Samana to Playa Grande. There are even white and yellow lines on the road with reflectors. The all inclusive in Las Galeras is undergoing major renovations and is expected to be finished around Feb or March.
In Samana, you will see a lot of rebar sticking out of the ground, as they are pouring a lot of concrete for the new port. That also had a very long delay, but we are seeing a lot of progress now.