Montero shipping's site is down - is it just a glitch?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
ExtremeR, I guess I am less than 50 miles from Montero Shipping main office in NYC. Would that have anything to do with it?

I am using Windows Vista. I used the Disk Cleanup program and checked the box for Temporary Internet Files and Offline Webpages. I ran the program and had no problem with the Montero Shipping link.

I have a second desktop and a laptop at my house. I did the same thing to both machines and still do not have a problem.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DNS stuff

For those not in the know what is a DNS issue?

Fix your DNS problems - Computerworld

(1) Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name Example Web Page might translate to 198.105.232.4.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Fix your DNS problems - Computerworld

(1) Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name Example Web Page might translate to 198.105.232.4.
Thanks, learn something new everyday.................