Motorcycle Adventure - Short loop round the Dominican Republic – Tom Junkans

cavebiker

Have a dream, live it. Set a goal, achieve it.
before you leave the country take your ticket to Banco Reservas. If you have a ticket you probably owe 1000 pesos. If you don't pay it, they might get to at customs.
Thanks Bob, Of course with all these memories of days past in the DR, I for sure thought a local customs police (wink) would stop me from boarding the plane to go home :| I have the ticket I can translate no fine. Taxi driver confirms, and they know ;) Cheers!

cavebiker

Have a dream, live it. Set a goal, achieve it.
Alright! Dominican Republic motorcycle adventure continued!
-----------------------------------------------------
Of course skip the dribble if you like and just check out a few photos.
-----------------------------------------------------
IMG_4517-L.jpg

I try to spot good biker food. Sometimes it’s hard to see but I know now when to take a closer look. Score!

IMG_4519-L.jpg

The locals hanging out here helped translate when I was asked what type of sauce I wanted. I had no clue. Fun group.

IMG_4518-XL.jpg

I did not eat the lettuce, sometimes it is not washed with pure water I remembered. The rest is great.

IMG_4520-XL.jpg

Once I find the mountain route out of town I come across a big Super Cross event just getting started!

IMG_4521-M.jpg

I have my own thing going on today so I just continue, but how cool!

IMG_4523-XL.jpg

The roads are dirt and hard pack and in good shape, mostly.

IMG_4525-XL.jpg

These bikers are fun to talk with. I dig this guy’s Suzuki on the left.

IMG_4526-XL.jpg

I tell the dude “I race a Suzuki 350 (corro Suzuki 350)!”

IMG_4529-XL.jpg

IMG_4532-XL.jpg

IMG_4534-XL.jpg

IMG_4535-XL.jpg

IMG_4536-XL.jpg

IMG_4540-XL.jpg

IMG_4541-XL.jpg

IMG_4543-XL.jpg

IMG_4544-XL.jpg

IMG_4550-L.jpg

IMG_4551-XL.jpg

IMG_4554-M.jpg

Hang on, much more is on the way!

Attachments

• IMG_4517-L[1].jpg
    IMG_4517-L[1].jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 6

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Next time, write to me. I have contacts that will travel with you on roads you never knew existed and you will see life as it was 100 years ago. When you have done that, you will have seen the Dominican Republic.

Thank you for being adventuresome and enjoying all the DR has to offer. We need more tourists like you.
I always wanted to see that DR, the DR from the Trujillo era. Also if I ever decide to get married in DR that would be the area I'd go to look for a wife, a nice simple campo girl 🥰

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Btw driving around DR on a bike, you got some big cojones 😁
I used to do that every year back in the eighties, but in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down.