Motorcycle.

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
AlaninDR said:
Nearly a year ago I checked on bringing my 2002 Harley down. Import tax was quoted at 30% of value which the tax people established as US$22000. I didn't think it was worth paying US$6600 not including shipping but things may change. I've heard some say they bring them in as parts and reassemble but no idea what is done for the title. Good luck and best wishes.

AlaninDR.

What did you end up doing? Did you buy another motorcycle there? If so what kind?

My husband is a responsible rider and rarely rides his Sabre to its' full pontential. Having his bike there is more for the pleasure of taking it out for a ride and not to use for his daily transportation.

I'm still wondering about the Honda dealership we saw with motorcycles in Sosua. Has anyone been there? We were on our way to the airport. Don't even remember exactly where in Sosua.

Palmas

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Palmas
Actually I had a stroke of common sense. I bought a Mitsubishi L200 truck. A couple weeks ago a new friend from Canada rented a Harley in Cabarete for two weeks so next week i'll check again on importing mine (knowing full well it's a stupid idea). I'm not familiar with a Honda dealership in Sosua.

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
AlaninDR

AlaninDR said:
Palmas
Actually I had a stroke of common sense. I bought a Mitsubishi L200 truck. A couple weeks ago a new friend from Canada rented a Harley in Cabarete for two weeks so next week i'll check again on importing mine (knowing full well it's a stupid idea). I'm not familiar with a Honda dealership in Sosua.

Wow! Let me know about this rental in Cabarete. I asked around last time I was there and no one seemed to know of a place near by that offered rental of a motorcycle such as that one. Anything to get that husband of mine hooked and move down there now!

Thanks
palmas

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
Motorcycle rentals in Cabarete

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you guys but I've had the: ''new computer configuration blues'' (soon to be released on my next album)

Robert does not want us to advertise or do business on this forum so I will not post a phone number or any publicity whatsoever on this board. However, I have some friends that have 5 or 6 harleys that they occasionally rent to people that can convince them that they know one end of a hog from the other. Next year they plan to do excursions and rentals from Punta Cana and I will make sure that they advertise on DR1.

If you PM me and are nice about it, I can put you in touch with the boys and see if you can vacation on wheels.

JJakque