Mountainannie's Blog

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
"Yeah",South Africa has turned into a real paradise,like "Rhodesia",Angola.Somalia,the list of "Liberated" "Paraisos" is to long to fit!
Those "Colonial Days" start to look pretty good,in retrospect!
CC

I guess it depends for whom.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I guess it depends for whom.

I don't know if civil wars where millions are dying from violence or starvation has been an improvement, not that I am for apartheid but I don't know what it would take for Africa to not have so, so, so much tragedy - oh yes I do, and He has a name. :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't know if civil wars where millions are dying from violence or starvation has been an improvement, not that I am for apartheid but I don't know what it would take for Africa to not have so, so, so much tragedy - oh yes I do, and He has a name. :)

Forced labor and Slavery is indeed a better option sorry (FYI, I am from Africa and there are more than 50 countries and not all of them are plagued with starvation and Civil war, poverty yes).

He ? Are you kidding me? I don't want to turn again into a religious debate, but, obviously, you didn't get the memo. Missionary were the first ones to land in Africa, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you meant it for our incompetent head of states/politicians :)

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I'm sorry you feel this way.

Ok, Chip, let's drop it here as my parents grew up during colonial times (you would be happy to learn that they were educated by priests too). So, don't feel sorry for me. Unlike you, I know what I am talking about. So, go back to preaching.

BACK TO YOU MOUNTAINANNIE ! :rolleyes:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Ok, Chip, let's drop it here as my parents grew up during colonial times (you would be happy to learn that they were educated by priests too). So, don't feel sorry for me. Unlike you, I know what I am talking about. So, go back to preaching.

BACK TO YOU MOUNTAINANNIE ! :rolleyes:

I never said that I thought apartheid was better, only that in countries that were once under these type of governments in many respects there have not been many improvements - maybe it's an English thing.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Is it better to "Die On Your Feet",than "Live On Your Knees"????
We can all give the "PC" answer to that,but "Liberation" has probably killed more people than subjegation!
During the height of the "Cold War",it was popular to say,"Better Dead,Than "RED"!
Since the fall of the Soviet Empire,the death toll in the former "satilites has skyrocketed.
There is no,"One Size Fits All" answer.
"Just Say'n"
CC

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Well lives could have been saved inf GB and USA had unconditionally declared surrender to Hitler.

Some Quaker and other pacifists proposed this.

This would have suited some in the US, GB too. Maybe CC had he lived in that era.

pi2

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
meanwhile, crusader rabbit here is trying to figure out how to design this really cool little island in the middle of the ocean... clearly, we need housing for about 4 million people.. and water.... and education...

just sayin

that we have some issues here a bit more pressing than what ifs about ww2

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Actually Zimmerman looks like what he is , a light skinned Hispanic somewhere between brown and white coloured. Since he has approximately the same amount of white blood as Obama, perhaps Obama should be called a black whiteman. Perhaps the real question should be how does he identify himself. Rather a fluff posting as you don't identify what you object to in Will's ARTICLE nor do you link to it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Many US commentators should be switched off - they take after Lou Dobbs!
The type of comment you detail sells products.

[video=youtube;o6n4QDem4lY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6n4QDem4lY[/video]

pi2.
Like censorship much, yabadabadu?

Are you aware of the obvious and flagrant twisting of "news" both NBC and ABC have done the last week?

Dobbs ain't news (I have no TV, so haven't watched him or anybody else much the last 4 years). He's opinion. There is a difference.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Actually Zimmerman looks like what he is , a light skinned Hispanic somewhere between brown and white coloured. Since he has approximately the same amount of white blood as Obama, perhaps Obama should be called a black whiteman. Perhaps the real question should be how does he identify himself. Rather a fluff posting as you don't identify what you object to in Will's ARTICLE nor do you link to it.

it was not an article by Will but rather an appearance on the Sunday morning talk show.. As I stated And I thought I was clear that what I objected to was his Tone of Voice.. as in sneer..

The article by Robles.. who is not under a lot of heat at the Herald-- as she is covering this story for them... was the source of a fairly large protest within Michele Wucker;s Dominican list serv which was very active back them. The head of Dominican studies was accused of racism...

did you read it?

I do not think that there is such a thing as White Blood

Perhaps white blood cells?

never heard of any color of blood except red.