Movies - "La Soga"

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When I met my ex, she had hair like Julietta, but much longer... almost to her waist.

It was one of the things about her that I really liked. Then we got married... and chop chop.

LOL, be glad she didn't go Lorena Bobbitt and do a chop-chop on you.

OK, gonna hijack my own thread and mention some non Dominican films I enjoyed.

Habana Blues
Apocalypto
Good Fellas
American Sniper

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
LOL, be glad she didn't go Lorena Bobbitt and do a chop-chop on you.

OK, gonna hijack my own thread and mention some non Dominican films I enjoyed.

Good Fellows

You mean "Good Fellas".

Funny, funny like what?

Living Forum so has to be DR related ok big bird.jpg

May 12, 2005
Here is the complete movie. De nada,

[video=youtube;cg0bMa6ALik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg0bMa6ALik[/video]

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Ponchao, el rey de najayo, good one from manny perez.
Prico ripiao, sankie panky, good ones.
Theres the flight of the butterflies (?), with michelle rodriguez, story of the maribel sisters, with very good historical set for the movie. Reminded me of the old DR from my youth.
La soga was a bloody movie, but very good, set in his home town of baitoa, and around santiago.
The Mirabal Sisters!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I know la Soga, he is my uncle's wife neighbor. He left the country just like in the movie and came back. He now has Gallera in his house lol. Decent movie, wish there was more films like this one being made in DR, there are so many true stories out there that can be addapeted into good films, but all Dominicans are interested is in ****ty Saki panki and Santi claus or whataver their nnames are. By the way, La soga a true bad ass, one can tell just by talking to him.
So much money wasted on so many horrible movies, mostly awful comedies!

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
The DR should take some lessons from colombia. The colombians have had very good success with novelas and movies. Some notable novelas like pablo and sin pechos no paraiso. Where can i get the series on line?
Caracol television,
For some reason, even basic programming still gets audio clipping and poor mixing. With all this talent, there should be more theatre. Maybe in the resort zone, have a regular show, drama, comedy, like on broadway?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
The DR should take some lessons from colombia. The colombians have had very good success with novelas and movies. Some notable novelas like pablo and sin pechos no paraiso. Where can i get the series on line?
Caracol television,
For some reason, even basic programming still gets audio clipping and poor mixing. With all this talent, there should be more theatre. Maybe in the resort zone, have a regular show, drama, comedy, like on broadway?

Kapitan, Hulu Plus is pretty good at latino programming and has a good share of novellas, Colombian included. We use a Roku streaming device and of course you have to have a decent internet connection. We have Claro fiber optic and works like a charm. Some of those novellas put "Dallas" to shame and the ladies are certainly easy on the eyes :)