moving to cabarete

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Oh no.

momita said:
.... give myself more time for make any decisions.But I wonder what if I buy pice of land now.And I will move to DR in 2 or 3 years. can I BE SURE THAT NOBODY "TOUCH " my property.

Please, don't postpone your plans.
Remember, I am waiting for the outcome of your sankie-research...

Yes, do buy property now.
Put it in the hands of your sankie competition winner.
He'll take good care of your investment.

m'frog

P.S.:
Still valid?
momita said:
Hi all
Me AND my FRIEND going to cabarete on 9th June 2006
We love Bambu Disco.Realy good music , nice people.
We are in our 30's.We invite everybody on 10th june after 11.00 pm
Let's make crazy party.
Will be there.Looking for us.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
momita said:
But I wonder what if I buy pice of land now.And I will move to DR in 2 or 3 years. can I BE SURE THAT NOBODY "TOUCH " my property.:cheeky:
No, you still have to worry about squatters. :(

Mar 21, 2002
Momita, don't plunk down any money on large scale purchases. Come down, rent a place and get the "feel" for the DR. The DR is a fun place but extremely disorganized. So don't get yourself in a position where you could lose alot of money. Put off the business and land/house purchases aside for a long while.

Come down and get as much information from the local people where you will decide to live at. I think the most important question now is: Who are the good decent locals who will help me and not hinder/harm me?
Think about this 1st of all.

momita

May 17, 2006
[YES...It is still valid.Just few cold nights and I will be in Cabarete.Just for two weeks this time.
Don't worry I am not going there to find a husband or Boyfriend.
Prize for winner in Sankies Competition ......:tired: Let me Think.........
I know ... One week for Free in your lovely Rancho;)

Also do not worry about research report. In two weeks on your feet as hot as me with all details.

By the way Froggie I DID THINK you are not interesting in my opinion.
I am still waiting for one very little cleaver advice from you.
Instead of that I have got just sarcastic and unpolite repost.

Take care M'Frog
All Yours:cheeky: Momita

Mar 21, 2002
To Mister J Sizemore

jsizemore said:
I said it was not a sure thing but I am darn sure going to have fun. My pension is enough to live on for me and the life style I lead but I can forgo cable, dsl and so forth for the time being.
John
29 days and counting

I don't know why but your name reminds me of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Anyways, you are kidding right. Your pension will allow you to live well above the majority of dominicans. What more do you want? But please don't open up any big business. If you must, do a service type business like installing iron bars, repairing something. A small business run out of your own home.

What is it you know how to do?

Mar 21, 2002
KO in the 1st round

momita said:
Well Froggie,Sometimes better be blind and tAlking about colours than rather HAVE a Colourless life having eyes wide open.

DAMN, KO PUNCH FROM MOMITA

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

momita

May 17, 2006
Onions&carrots said:
DAMN, KO PUNCH FROM MOMITA

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

But supricely there wasn't any repost from M'frog.
Do you think I went too far??:ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
momita said:
But supricely there wasn't any repost from M'frog.
Do you think I went too far??:ermm:

Now you did it. I think he's gone for good. We loved that guy. What have you done!!!!!! :laugh:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Will She Understand?

momita said:
... One week for Free in your lovely Rancho;)
Don't call us.
We'll call you.
:lick: :lick: :lick:

momita said:
...you are not interesting in my opinion.
I do know your preferences for resort workers (for research ... ), so I had not considered myself as your victim anyway.

momita said:
I am still waiting for one very little cleaver advice from you.

Still sharpening.
Patience, my dear.

m'frog

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
mountainfrog said:
Still sharpening.
Patience, my dear.
m'frog
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now, please, take it to pm's or e-mail... or I'll have to change the header of this thread to the funniest comeback I've seen in a long long time... Well done ... Mountainfrog ... hope that cleaver sharpens up nicely....

Last edited:

missp

May 19, 2006
frogs legs - a delicacy

Chris said:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now, please, take it to pm's or e-mail... or I'll have to change the header of this thread to the funniest comeback I've seen in a long long time... Well done ... Mountainfrog ... hope that cleaver sharpens up nicely....
I can think of various things to do with a cleaver - Frogs legs anyone??? mmmmmmm maybe il move to France instead....but wouldnt suggest that you do froggy.

Anyway, back on the SUBJECT MATTER - i think thats good advice Momita, i wouldnt buy now and build later unless you had someone you could trust keeping an eye on the land. You might not like what you found otherwise, on your return. Or do what im doing and just rent somewhere til you find a perfect spot...or decide not to move, whatever the case may be!

And by the way, i love Bambu too, i wont be out there this month but am very jealous - its a great night out. By the way, go to the cheap bar next door, its where the locals buy there drinks and its a third cheaper than Bambu or Ocho's. Or am i revealing some deep dark secret here??? Knowing me i was probably the last to know anyway!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We recently moved here full time. In some ways it's like living survivor. Erery day is a something new. We took 2 years to try to learn and we are still learning. Try renting a place in Cabarete for 3-4 months. Get used to the power outages. Learn to deal with them. Go to Shop on your own. It can be done, Heck we did. But, it's not easy. Some days you want to beat your head against a wall. Good luck! PM us if we can be any help.

momita

May 17, 2006
froggie-guard

missp said:
I can think of various things to do with a cleaver - Frogs legs anyone??? mmmmmmm maybe il move to France instead....but wouldnt suggest that you do froggy.

Anyway, back on the SUBJECT MATTER - i think thats good advice Momita, i wouldnt buy now and build later unless you had someone you could trust keeping an eye on the land. You might not like what you found otherwise, on your return. Or do what im doing and just rent somewhere til you find a perfect spot...or decide not to move, whatever the case may be!
And by the way, i love Bambu too, i wont be out there this month but am very jealous - its a great night out. By the way, go to the cheap bar next door, its where the locals buy there drinks and its a third cheaper than Bambu or Ocho's. Or am i revealing some deep dark secret here??? Knowing me i was probably the last to know anyway!!! ;)

Yes you right MissP. NO cleaver idea .Unless ,I can Ask M'frog to keep eye on my land.He is SUCH A NICE GENTELMEN;) But seriously ,renting and leaving for few months make a sense.I AM going in this direction.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
She didn't get it.

momita said:
... NO cleaver idea .Unless ,I can Ask M'frog to keep eye on my land.He is SUCH A NICE GENTELMEN;)...

At your service, madam.

Certenly, niece frog can have look on propartie.
Make a sense, too.

Always Yours
humble and gentle

m'frog

momita

May 17, 2006
Good luck

mountainfrog said:
At your service, madam.

Certenly, niece frog can have look on propartie.
Make a sense, too.

Always Yours
humble and gentle

m'frog

Nothing less nothing more . I think Froggie I am in love with you:dead:
Just do not break my heart any more.
:bored: :devious: :disappoin
And you are very wrong my friend I do get it:bunny: