Moving to DR in 2007

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Punta Cana--are their condo or apt. rental leases available?

On the beach or nearby? Stayed an an all inclusive a few years ago. Dont remember much else.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
La Romana

Anyone have any children or info on the Abraham Lincoln school in La Romana? My list of towns to relocate to has narrowed to Juan Dolio (#1), La Romana (#2) & Punta Cana (far lower #3).

Still trying to decide which school will be the best for us. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

and bob thanks for the condo lead in La Romana. I sent them an email about viewing on during my visit in Aug.

d

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
All I can say about the Abraham Lincoln School is what the Casa De Campo Golf Pro, a French Canadian told me. He said " Expensive, but worth every penny. My two boys and daughter got a first class education, in three languages. They are all now professionals with excellent jobs"

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
All I can say about the Abraham Lincoln School is what the Casa De Campo Golf Pro, a French Canadian told me. He said " Expensive, but worth every penny. My two boys and daughter got a first class education, in three languages. They are all now professionals with excellent jobs"

What's the Pro name ? thanks

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Abraham Lincoln school

La Romana is sounding sweeter & sweeter!! I found a link on the web today that had tuition at $85,000 RD$ per year and student/teacher ratio about 35 to 1. I might be ablet to afford this if i can find some nice & reasonably priced housing in the area....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What's the Pro name ? thanks

Like as in Golf Professional - the guy or gal that gives the golf lessons, and usually has a percentage of the income from the Pro Shop(where they sell golf ball, clubs, clothing...etc) In this guys case he had been the golf pro at Casa De Campo for 12 years and his wife sells real estate there. A for his name- i don't remember, but it shouldn't that hard to find out. How many French Canadian Golf pro's do you think there would be at one golf course.

dr4sale

Sep 22, 2006
www.dr4sale.com
I live in Punta Cana and have a 5 year old going to 1st grade

Hello all. I have lived in the DR for 1 year now. I was in Casa de Campo June and July 2006, then moved to Punta Cana / Bavaro in August. My son will be 6 years old on July 4, 2007. He went to kindergarten at the Centro Educativo Punta Cana last year and I was very happy with it. In September he couldn't speak Spanish and now he's pretty much fluent. He can communicate with anybody and he's learned everything in Spanish AND English. Next year he will be going into the 1st grade and he will be going to the new Heritage School in Cap Cana. I'm excited about what the school has to offer. I'm in real estate and I'm swamped since business has been very good in Punta Cana. Business and living is pretty good in this area (in my humble opinion).

DanaP

May 23, 2007
school switch

dr4sale - and why did you switch from the Ed Ctr in Punta Cana to the Heritage School? Does the PC school also have 1st grade?

just curious?

d

dr4sale

Sep 22, 2006
www.dr4sale.com
dr4sale - and why did you switch from the Ed Ctr in Punta Cana to the Heritage School? Does the PC school also have 1st grade?

just curious?

d

It wasn't that there was anything wrong with CEPC. My son went there for pre-school or "pre-premario" and he did very well. I have no complaints of the school other than they should have taken a bit more responsiblity to ensure that the bus company that drove the children to and from school was safer. The Heritage School will provide transportation, so I feel that my son will be in better hands on the road.