moving to Sosua for 6 months, some help needed.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Steve, please don't be offended but are you a realtor or perhaps sellin and apt ? I have heard much good about the area of which you speak but I am just curious why a PM would be required.

If the OP wants to PM him, I am not quite sure why this might concern you?
Are you celoso?

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Being a Musician myself, and having brought my Pro Tools and ACID set ups with me, I understand. Other than telling you to be extremely cautious with your computer, make sure your room has a safe large enough for your computer, I would be the first to tell you to buy some online backup just in case. Nothing like working on a MIDI project and for whatever reason, you lose all of your files, or working on a track and it's lost. Reconstructing from memory isn't easy. Not only would I have an online backup, I would save the files to a flash drive as double protection.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
No, I am not a realtor or affiliated with any establishment. I was simply offering additional info, if desired, of the the area. Las Terrenas would be a better fit for David.

S

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The thing is that losing my laptop would mean losing the reason why i'm going there, as i could no more continue working on my music projects. That's what i'm scared of, it's not about losing money i spent or anything else.
If you would be a writer with half a book written would you care or not about losing it, not being able to finish it?
I just wanted a sincere opinion based on experiences of people living there.

The key word for you is BACK-UP! Since my livelihood depends on work stored on computers, I am a proponent of workflow incorporating strict BACK-UP protocols. Multiple redundant backups. I have 5 copies of all of my work archived over three external hard drives. Whenever I travel with a laptop, I back it up before leaving home and turn on security / encryption software. If I were staying an extended time, I'd bring a portable hard drive for ongoing back ups.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
No, I am not a realtor or affiliated with any establishment. I was simply offering additional info, if desired, of the the area. Las Terrenas would be a better fit for David.

S
no offense meant Steve and from what I hear and I believe I have been in the area, it is a great place