Moving to the DR - You must be mad

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Yes i know what you mean, i like that when a stranger gets on the bus here they say good morning to everyone and so on. In the U.K we keep our heads down and keep ourselves to ourselves.

I must say though there are times when i very much wish the family would get the hint when you dont answer the door and want a bit of alone time. I remember when i first moved here i was watching telly in bed under the covers all comfy like and did not have a stitch on..well you know its hot right? When half the family decided to pop round and they all came flooding in the bedroom and sat on the bed. I felt sooo uncomfortable and they seemed to have no idea ha ha.

Well i wish you all the best and i have heard your concerns about the U.K from others regarding immigrants also.

As a fellow brit, should you ever need a hand with anything just PM me.

Nice one LauraJane

Know exactly what you mean, when Licey won the league recently (I think thats what they won anyway) my wife suddenly decided at about 11:30 pm that we should go round to visit our friends Rafael Francia and the kids because Francia is a big Licey fan. They only live round the corner but I thought 11:30 was pushing it a bit. I suggested a phone call to warn them, but that was met with 'what on earth for' - well to cut along story short - round we went, Francia was the only one awake, but my wife went to the bedroom, woke up Rafael turned on his TV in the bedroom and my kids and his kids were suddenly on the bed watching the reruns of the Licey game. I must admit I thought it was great after the initial guilty feelings that people could accept that type of intrusion. Sufice to say we all ended up down the Malecon until about 4 or 5 am. What a way to carry on, marvellous.

Paul