MRI at Diagnostico Medico Dra. Mayans Puerto Plata !

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Go to Union Medica del Norte in Santiago. See Dra Julia A Garcia Tolentino, Gastroenterologist and get all your tests done there. Up to date modern equipment with technicians that know what they are doing.

Reactions: Neargale

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
I've had 3 MRI's in the DR. The first was in POP at Diagnostico Mayans. They were very professional and I had a good experience. The next one was at a doctor recommended diagnositic lab in Santiago (POP did not have availability), the experience there was not good there and I would never go back. The last was done at HOMS and that is where I would go again, because the equipment was much newer than POP and so the quality of the images and information was much better.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I need to get MRI scan done . I have a DR health insurance and a diagnostic from a CT-Scan done in Sosua recommend to do an MRI as next step.

Anybody has experience with the medical center in POP https://www.cabaretemed.com/Diagnostico_Medico_Mayans/Diagnostico_Mayans.html
Second option could be to fly to NY where I also have a health insurance.

Health issue is related to gastro.....

Thank you for any help !
yes sir. Any pin head can do the MRI or the CT scan, the real science is reading the results. If its lower abdomen it may very well be diverticulosis. A real pain in the gut. Good luck Sir.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I've had 3 MRI's in the DR. The first was in POP at Diagnostico Mayans. They were very professional and I had a good experience. The next one was at a doctor recommended diagnositic lab in Santiago (POP did not have availability), the experience there was not good there and I would never go back. The last was done at HOMS and that is where I would go again, because the equipment was much newer than POP and so the quality of the images and information was much better.
yes homs has beter quality images. had one done in puerto plata but my dr wanted one from homs.