Multi-vehicle accident in Los Cacaos, San Cristobal

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Screen-Shot-2022-07-25-at-8.09.42-AM-1024x917.png

A bus with domestic tourists from Baní, Peravia headed to chill off in the mountain community of Los Cacaos, San Cristóbal ended in at least 45 injured. The minibus driver did not know how to drive on a mountain road and the overheated breaks failed him, causing the driver to lose control and crash into several other vehicles.

News reports say at least 45 people were injured, including five tourists that are in serious condition. There have been no fatalities yet, but there are millions in damaged vehicles.

The authorities report that around 10am on Sunday, 24 July 2022, the collision occurred with about eight vehicles affected when the driver of one of the tourist transport vehicles lost control due to the heating of the brakes. The injured were taken to the Cambita, Garabito hospital and to the Juan Pablo Pina public hospital in San Cristóbal.

Noticias SIN...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What I find interesting is where it happened. I was expecting it to be on one of the winding roads to and from Las Cacaos, but looking at videos of the accident, it happened in the town.
I'm guessing driving too fast through town with brakes that had already been heated due to aggressive driving.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
"The residents urged better road signage on the road and that the Ministry of Public Works carry out a promotion to instruct drivers on how to correctly drive on a mountain road..."

The art of downshifting - even with an automatic transmission. Engine braking is a wonderful thing.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
"The residents urged better road signage on the road and that the Ministry of Public Works carry out a promotion to instruct drivers on how to correctly drive on a mountain road..."

The art of downshifting - even with an automatic transmission. Engine braking is a wonderful thing.
and how to actually stop at a red light ...how to stay in lane.....the list goes on and on

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
and how to actually stop at a red light ...how to stay in lane.....the list goes on and on
Not about how my man...
It is about not caring if they do.
There is the axle rule that exists in the Dominican Republic.
Those with the most axles do what they want
And you better get out of their way, or feel the pain.

Reactions: irishpaddy