Mushrooms

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
theres some stupid people in the world

Well I am not one! Mushrooms in the bin. Sad to see them go as fresh mushrooms are a million times better than tinned ones, but a mushroom omelette was not worth dying for!

Matilda

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Send them to me please!
I'll take them ALL!
My "Lovely Bride" will be "Dying" for them!!!!!!!!!!
I will brew her a "San Cocho" "To Die For"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Buen Provecho Mi VIDA"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Matilda, there is your solution, sell them to CCCCCCCC, and buy yourself some safe portobellos...

BelgianK

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
need white heads and pink gills and smell of mushrooms, anything else is a toadstool , including ****ake

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JR", I have known a LOT of girls who meet that definition!
"Yummy" too!
Now for a little "Mushroom Humor"
Sign on cubicle wall.
"I feel like a mushroom working here.
People keep me in the dark, and feed me "Bull$hit"!
Well,...............I did say a "Little" humor! :laugh::p:p
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
I love mushrooms and rarely find them here. If you do find them in some of the international type supermarkets they are very expensive. I have just found these growing in my garden. Can I eat them? Or will this be my last post ever if I do? They are about 3 inches across and look like mushrooms!

bln4m.jpg

Matilda

You should be able to searc h the web to determine if the mushroom is edible. otherwise do a field test, take a piece of the mushroom and rub it on your lip. Wait 5-10 minutes, and if you do not get an allergic reaction such as your lips burning, breaking out, they are safe to eat. Where did I get this from? Mountain survival training.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I may take you up on that! Have tried googling and look suspiciously like death cap mushrooms. You die. Do not pass go. Takes 6 days and no cure. So maybe will pass on them, but they do look soooooo delicious!

Matilda

..Matilda.. if you eat the wrong mushroom, you know poison..which most of what you see here are..from first hand experience the least you will need is a liver transplant...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can't find any reference to wild edible mushrooms in this country so one has to assume there aren't any. Haiti cultivates something called djon djon but I don't think it grows wild.