My dominican daughter wants to study

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Actually, you *can* be registered in the system without a birth certificate. Many schools choose not to do this. We currently have 9 students enrolled in the system with no birth certificates. We have never had a problem. There is an option in the system where you can click "no declarado, declarado, no disponible".

My niece just went to the states and needed everything apostilles and stamped. That is not a Dominican requirement - anywhere you move you have to prove that your kid actually studied. It prevents fraud

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Actually, you *can* be registered in the system without a birth certificate. Many schools choose not to do this. We currently have 9 students enrolled in the system with no birth certificates. We have never had a problem. There is an option in the system where you can click "no declarado, declarado, no disponible".

My niece just went to the states and needed everything apostilles and stamped. That is not a Dominican requirement - anywhere you move you have to prove that your kid actually studied. It prevents fraud

Have any of them graduated and went on to higher education? A birth Certificate is a government requirement.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
No, you can't go to the university without a birth certificate but that wasn't the original point made. TH is no reason to withhold education from a child because of a birth certificate issue - the system allows for non-declared students to study until and including high school.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
We have a situation with the authorities here and I wonder if they are right.
My daughter was born in the DR, went to Belgium when 8 years old. Had her basic school at 12 and almost finished high school in Belgium. She wants to study at a University or at least finish last year bachillerato if necesary. But No, they demand all kind of translations apostilles as if Belgium is in Afrika. In the meantime she hasnt had any schooling u till I go back to get the paperwork done .
My question is...isthis right. She is dominican and belgian, speaks both languages fluently. 

It doesn't really matter that she was born here. Records are in a language other than Spanish.