My gorgeous,pampered poodle is looking for a new family!!

troyonline

Jun 29, 2013
Poodles are notoriously bad with kids. I've seen a few published lists where Poodles were amongst the top 10 worst dogs to keep around small children.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Really!! wow, some doctor!! Listen OP, dogs have feelings, same as us..I have 5 kids, had Chows & Rotti's, breed Rotti's and talk about jealousy for example with those types of dogs..First, you MUST give the dog the same attention as the baby...and any dog will react to a good tail pull from a baby, tell the baby (your son.daughter) no..supervise their play time and let it be often..The dog was there first, so sometimes its a territory thing, and sometimes its, HEY a new friend I want to explore, especially a baby, small in size just like your dog.

If I could get my Rotti's & especially a chow! to get along with my new baby and/or babies..any dog can do so, just depends on their temperament..Your dog sounds great! so she has the perfect temperament IMO to adjust and she will in time...Take the baby on a stroll with your dog, go to the park together, be sure both interact and attention is equal...However, I know about the wife thingy...I rescued a female puppy about 6 Months ago, now in heat..GOD!! My girl wants her out!!! I say, honey..I don't want you out when you get yours..;) serious, it breaks the moment, she laughs..but there are times it can be you or the dog too..LOL..so I get it..

Time for a good sit down and especially, I cannot stress this enough!! If you had your dog from a young age, puppy, at least some time, they can get very depressed not being with you...Ever watch that video when an American Soldier got killed, his K-9 dog was right at his coffin laying down..Man! these dogs are so smart!!! and again, they have the same feelings as we do, just cannot express themselves so good..

Crying Dog Mourns over his Dead Friend - YouTube

loyal dog - YouTube

Hope you can keep her, this can be serious for her...

ANthony

Solution.... GET A NEW pediatrician!

Pediatrician's also tell mom's it's better to use formula than their breast milk here!

If my Wife EVER told me to get rid of one of our pets I would drop her off at the airport with a paid ticket back to Canada!

Did you not know this about your wife before you married her??

Can you not take your wife and dog to a Dominican Vet and have a sit down?
My chihuahua who i have had before my wife would literally die without me. How old is your poodle? Some dogs can be with other people and some it will BREAK THEIR HEARTS!!!

I serious think now though if your wife thinks that way about your poodle, I would not want to leave her alone with it and maybe it is better to get another home is the Wife does not wise up.

Last edited:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
LOL...yea, it can be an issue brother! My birds, I hear it a lot!! have 58 which was never planned..I'm not happy with it either!! but you just don't give away your pets on a dime..One pair produced 35 chicks! Could not stop them for a few reasons if you know these birds (Budgies/Parakeets) Even birds can be something special with the right owner...

Take a look...This bird's name is Boo , flew into a window became paralyzed at his legs. Story here
Boo, our courageous injured pet parakeet - YouTube

Some people say, AH! get another one...I don't know of any animal that is just a throw away pet, so sad! I see so many stray dogs & cats around here in PP, wish I could help them all..

Pediatrician's also tell mom's it's better to use formula than their breast milk here!

If my Wife EVER told me to get rid of one of our pets I would drop her off at the airport with a paid ticket back to Canada!

Did you not know this about your wife before you married her??