My residencia

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Next week"... That I was believing back then... :(

Anybody else waiting for his Cedula since more than a month instead of a couple weeks? I heard they were out of plastic for the cedulas?

Update:

Just got a call from my lawyer, my resodencia is ready, gotta pick up my papers / cedula next week! Was pretty fast... :)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
A friend of mine got her c?dula yesterday. She picked up her papers at Migracion and went to the Junta. She was in and out in about an hour. I drove her to all places and back, so I'm positive.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Calling my lawyer asking what is going on I was told now that the papers issued by Immigration contained an error and have to be corrected... means another wait... :(

Strange after everything went so fast, smooth and efficient so far...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would not worry :) when i renewed my residency last year i was told two weeks. all dr1ers were laughing so hard at it they nearly wet their speedos. and of course, it took 4 months to complete :)
so please, have patience. your lawyer may be the best there is but she still has to deal with dominican bureaucracy. it takes time :)

and yes, there was no plastic for cedulas for a long time.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
WHAT A DAY! :)

So, today we went to SDQ to pick up my Cedula and my Residencia Carnet. After a sleepless night (worked till 3AM, took shower, woke up wife and son and hopped into taxi at 4:30AM) We arrived in SDQ at 6:45AM, on Coral Highway we encountered some cows, horses and dogs... All alive and well, I guess Dominican fauna never changes its behavior, they just love "Autobahn", lol.

We met with the Doctora at 8:30AM and we were done with Inmigracion and JCE at 11AM. Proud owner of residency and cedula now!

Thinking about doing s'thing good to my family and our driver I decided to follow up in CC's steps :laugh: and get some fresh Horse meatballs at IKEA but remembered him reporting recently they took them out of their menu...

We went instead to "Plaza Central" to "Pizzarellis". Guess what? The mall was pretty full with people shopping and eating, how comes? I was surprised!

AND I lost my heartburn :) just like that. What a little moving after a sleepless night (and some cool breeze on the road) can do, amazing. (If I hadn known that before I wouldn't have ordered a remedies collection for 50 bucks on amazon before...).

AND I got my Huawei HG530 modem from Codetel too today, already up and running!

Back to residency and how it was handled by my lawyer: I only can say (again) I can recommend her to everybody 10000000 % :). She is superb!

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
Can you PM me her name? And the total cost if you don't mind. Doing my temporary next year, hopefully. :)

Lela Joannidis

May 29, 2013
hello caribmike!

i would also like the name of your lawyer who handled your residence? i have all paper work up to date and here, would love to start ASAP! you can SMS me, if you like to keep this off the board 809 601 4535, so many thanks, lela

Lela Joannidis

May 29, 2013
hello, i would love to hear from you how your residency work with the lawyer of caribmike went!
tnx for sharing, yours, lela

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sent you a PM (Private Message)

hello caribmike!

i would also like the name of your lawyer who handled your residence? i have all paper work up to date and here, would love to start ASAP! you can SMS me, if you like to keep this off the board 809 601 4535, so many thanks, lela

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Just clarify this Mike, how long did you wait for the med results? You have only just receieved the receipt that your application has been applied? Wow, I know you are not in a rush but that lawyer seems to have been in Dominican coma on your behalf.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
???

I'm done. Cedula / Residencia card are in my hands since April 5! :)

Just clarify this Mike, how long did you wait for the med results? You have only just receieved the receipt that your application has been applied? Wow, I know you are not in a rush but that lawyer seems to have been in Dominican coma on your behalf.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Take a look here ;)

WHAT A DAY! :)

So, today we went to SDQ to pick up my Cedula and my Residencia Carnet. After a sleepless night (worked till 3AM, took shower, woke up wife and son and hopped into taxi at 4:30AM) We arrived in SDQ at 6:45AM, on Coral Highway we encountered some cows, horses and dogs... All alive and well, I guess Dominican fauna never changes its behavior, they just love "Autobahn", lol.

We met with the Doctora at 8:30AM and we were done with Inmigracion and JCE at 11AM. Proud owner of residency and cedula now!

Thinking about doing s'thing good to my family and our driver I decided to follow up in CC's steps :laugh: and get some fresh Horse meatballs at IKEA but remembered him reporting recently they took them out of their menu...

We went instead to "Plaza Central" to "Pizzarellis". Guess what? The mall was pretty full with people shopping and eating, how comes? I was surprised!

AND I lost my heartburn :) just like that. What a little moving after a sleepless night (and some cool breeze on the road) can do, amazing. (If I hadn known that before I wouldn't have ordered a remedies collection for 50 bucks on amazon before...).

AND I got my Huawei HG530 modem from Codetel too today, already up and running!

Back to residency and how it was handled by my lawyer: I only can say (again) I can recommend her to everybody 10000000 % :). She is superb!

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I am renewing my permanent residency and cedula this year. Anyone with advise on a service to use that is reasonably priced and effective please PM me with that information. Thanks all advise will be appreciated.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Update.

Today we went to Santo Domingo for my first residencia renewal.

Arrived at 9:30 AM at Imigracion. There we met the Doctora. They took some pictures, fingerprints, Bank letter and I received my new residencia carnet at 11 AM. From there we went to the Junta Central. Again picture taken, 30 minutes wait, received Cedula at noon. Done! Flawless! Cost (VIP-service): 17,430 DOP.