My wife wants to bring a 32 inch LCD on a jet blue flight to Santiago in Dec. 2011

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I brought a 32" Sony Bravia LCD in my suitcase this past August. I flew by JetBlue .. I got extra bubble wrap from best buy, layered it like 3x then packed that suicase with only clothes. remember the weight limit. but it arrives fine. i arrived at like 3am and had one a guy help push the bags.. so they didnt even bother checking probably due to that or the time there wasnt much people working... good luck

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I brought a 32" Sony Bravia LCD in my suitcase this past August. I flew by JetBlue .. I got extra bubble wrap from best buy, layered it like 3x then packed that suicase with only clothes. remember the weight limit. but it arrives fine. i arrived at like 3am and had one a guy help push the bags.. so they didnt even bother checking probably due to that or the time there wasnt much people working... good luck
What size suitcase and where did you find one that will fit a 32" TV?

Jan 17, 2009
32" is the diagonal measure of the screen. The length is more likely to be around 28-29". There are plenty of 32" suitcases out there too. Just google it.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
32" is the diagonal measure of the screen. The length is more likely to be around 28-29". There are plenty of 32" suitcases out there too. Just google it.
I am quite aware it is the diagonal measurement. The width being more like a little over 30 inches plus a few layers of bubble wrap. I have just not seen much, if any, luggage on sale larger that 29/30 inches.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I'm from boston I wen to centre st. dont remember where exactly but I bought the suitcase, just $30 dollars, have no clue the measurements of it but i believe its like 34 or something the tv fit and there was room left..
What size suitcase and where did you find one that will fit a 32" TV?

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Joogy,

If your wife still has the receipt, then have her return the tv and get her money back! These newer tvs should travel right side up as much as possible and I have seen too many upside-down computer boxes on the baggage carousel. I've seen very good deals on tvs at PriceSmart, for example, so the money you're saving is not worth the risk if your tv arrives damaged.

Preston

With all due respect, it doesn't matter what orientation a tv or even a computer is in. I have mounted these things in angles and positions that almost seem to defy gravity. With that being said, you obviously don't want someone manhandling your precious cargo. The 'keep it vertical' rule applies to appliances that operate with oil, like refrigerators for example.

Kudos to Contango for the info on TV's and luggage sizes...good 411 to know.