Names...

Something I have always been curious about is what your screen names mean, some of you have some pretty interesting ones and I have always wanted to ask. Would you guys mind sharing?

Mine=lalla
Gladys is my name as some of you know, but since i was a baby my family always called me Lali and it always stuck. In school, my friends starting calling me lallapaluza joking around, and then cut it short to lalla. And thats that......

Did you know that lalla in Arabic means lady? It always precedes the name of a lady and is respectful way to address ladies. So if I were to address I would say Lalla Gladys.

My nickname La Louve (she-wolf) is because I am very protective of my family and my friends.
My name is Asma which in Arabic means elevation majesty or also with an extra a at the end Asmaa our Asmae : all the names on earth.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
My name is Asma which in Arabic means elevation majesty or also with an extra a at the end Asmaa our Asmae : all the names on earth.

And in Spanish Asma means Bronchial Asthma.

JJ

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
genistar... here goes. I'm a total nerd. I was into reading Dragonlance novels as a kid and there's this story about the lost city of Istar. Then later on when internet gaming became popular, I was playing a lot of Age of Empires online... and my name on there was General Istar... so I combined them and have been using the handle GENISTAR ever since. :)

My case is the same as yours, the difference being that mine refers to the main hero/villain of the Metal Gear stealth game series, Naked Snake a.k.a Big Boss. :glasses:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The explanation I'd like to hear is from occasional poster mas_freca_que _chinatown:).

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
arhat - individual who has attained ultimate enlightenment
wu - negative prefix similar to "non" or "un"

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
greydread-albums-greypix-picture308-oldras.jpg

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
I started going on DR1 after my first visit there in January. I chose my name because I was determined to get there again soon. Spent the summer there and now we're moving there in March so I guess the name worked for me!
Goodbye cold Canada!

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I started going on DR1 after my first visit there in January. I chose my name because I was determined to get there again soon. Spent the summer there and now we're moving there in March so I guess the name worked for me!
Goodbye cold Canada!

I'm envious...sadly I'm going to living in cold Canada for quite some time... oh well, at least I'll have some shiraz to console me... :knockedou