Nanny Needed Abroad

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Sorry to disappoint you Anna.. but dont think that I can be of any great help. We have had the fortune (thanks to God), to know a few people, and hire representation in the States and abroad.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Are you going to have her sign a contract so at least you are guarenteed a few good years out of them? what if it does not go well once you have a nanny in the US - return her? Are you expecting the Nanny to pay you back for the money you would spend to get them to your house?

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
A.J. good questions

yes, a contract will be drawn up. if it doesnt work out, thats the chance I have to take. of course, there will be a trail period in dr before she comes, to see how she worksout. i do live in dr part of the year, usually the summer months. i prefer nannies over american daycares any day. and in the long run, if it happened not to workout, i will still have saved money. 2 kids alone in a really good daycare would cost you 2000.00 dollars a month easily. the prices here are outrageous.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
As dresposa has chosen to ignore me, let me ignore her fantasy anf give the real world reality of bringing an alien worker to the US. Firstly we are talking about a typical situation, not a world-class baseball player.
First you must try to fill the position by an American worker. You must prove this by advertising the position in US newspapers, including job description, pay, etc. There are very specific requirements, which is why an attorney is usually necessary. Once you prove that you cannot hire somebody already in the US you can apply to sponsor a foreign worker. This foreign worker, if approved, is sponsored for a period (I believe 3 years by the employer). If approved you wait for the next available slot in the quota for the country of origin. In the case of the DR you will wait a very, very long time. In practical terms, a person from the DR will never receive a green card to work in the US for an unskilled position.
The question of contract is covered in the application process. If the job terminates early, the person must present for deportation as the approval was for the job, not the employee. There is an appeals process the worker can use if they feel they were terminated unjustly.

Last edited:

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
The subject is FINDING A NANNY lol

Mr. Howmar.. if you read what I stated before, then you would not have wasted your time writing that long response..lol but I love ya anyways.. you make me laugh. *pinches your face.* Like I stated before... I choose not to deal with that aspect... the lawyer is aware of that..... that is what he is paid for. All I have to do is find a suitable nanny... hence the reason for this thread. Now are you going to state the same thing again since it has nothing to do with my situation? lol

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well between your Husband and all his relatives I'm sure they could find one reliable nanny for your children.

You apparently know the "how" so get them to ask around the rest of the relatives and friends.

That would make more sense than asking a bunch of strangers on a message board to come up with a nanny for your children. ;)

Ok I'm out of here!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Well between your Husband and all his relatives I'm sure they could find one reliable nanny for your children.

You apparently know the "how" so get them to ask around the rest of the relatives and friends.

That would make more sense than asking a bunch of strangers on a message board to come up with a nanny for your children. ;)

Ok I'm out of here!
And afterall, your husband has another 6 or 8 months before his immigration interview date comes up. He has plenty of time to interview prospective nannies.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
HOWMAR said:
And afterall, your husband has another 6 or 8 months before his immigration interview date comes up. He has plenty of time to interview prospective nannies.
On second thought, you may not want him to interview the prospective nanny.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Mr. Howmar...lol I am fortunate enough to have a decent husband.. so i dont have to worry about that..lol Besides, we want someone who is at least close to 50. With that said, im off to get a smoothie.. I just had a great workout. =)

P.S.

Thanks for the type Anna... I will asks his family to help in our search. ciao everyone.

Off the subject.. I am dying to know what is a sankie? lol I see that word posted everywhere.