National toilet seat crisis...

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Anyone else notice that only about 20% of all bathrooms in the country have toilet seats? Are toilet seats that expensive? Do women not complain loud enough on this one? Maybe I'll strike my fortune as the man who brought affordable toilet seats to the DR.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone else notice that only about 20% of all bathrooms in the country have toilet seats? Are toilet seats that expensive? Do women not complain loud enough on this one? Maybe I'll strike my fortune as the man who brought affordable toilet seats to the DR.

I think that 20% figure is a little high, more like 8%, hahahha.

Now now, let's not start rumors, many dominicans in decent apartments or houses have toilet seats. If you go into the campo or many barrios or cheap restaurant bathrooms you won't find any. They do sell toilet seats in the DR and no they don't cost 3,000RD.

I believe this topic has been covered already.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I think that 20% figure is a little high, more like 8%, hahahha.

Now now, let's not start rumors, many dominicans in decent apartments or houses have toilet seats. If you go into the campo or many barrios or cheap restaurant bathrooms you won't find any. They do sell toilet seats in the DR and no they don't cost 3,000RD.

I believe this topic has been covered already.

Low end establishments don't install toilet seats because they will be stolen quickly.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its probably to discourage number twos- one can usually hold on with those till one gets home

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
learning, to bee

a dominican. as far as i know they dont need one(seat) so why (give reason) wood they buy one. the wife doesnt complain, friends dont use it or notice and male friends think its great to come over and not have to worry about the proper edicate. and this might be your fortune.. import them... id like mine in a brown color...

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
Does anybody know where I can purchase a bamboo bidet in El Cibao?
I am looking to reduce my carbon footprint, and figure bamboo is the way to go.

L V

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
painting or cutting toenails , applying lotion, reading,dealing with bunions,painting ceiling, changing a light bulb

shadoo

Feb 28, 2009
M i a

holy ---- i never thought of it. i got caught yesterday at one of the many roadside restaurants that are huge. no seat... well its not as if I have not forgotten the cool touch of porcelin and now im much more familiar with it.
The room was clean and plenty of film. so i sat ... Trying to read the writings on the door.. ha ha lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
What do you use a toilet seat for. I never seem to fall in as far as I can remember. :)

toilet seat is a great ground - so to speak - to start a fight with your husband. with little manipulation it ends with hubby guiltily passing few hundred pesos over to wife for a relaxing visit in a salon. :cheeky:

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
the toilet seat - i am an american and could never understand that either

but seeing how my nieces clean - now i understand

they clorox everything in the bathroom and pour water with clorox on top of the bowl, around, etc ...yes they scrub the inside...but they make a swimming pool on the floor around the toilet and let the water go down the "desague" the hole in the floor for floods.

keep in mind most toilet seats are made of some type of compressed wood with a little paint...they break down from the clorox and they decide why bother...its just gonna fall apart again...lol

just my opinion...seen it

and yes i have toilets seats in all 4 bathrooms of my d.r. house

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Toilet seats are an attempt by women to oppress men.
Rather like the stiletto heel in the opposite direction.

If men did not pee on the toilet seat there would be no need for the articulated version.

Which leads me to a joke....

God was in a good mood and decided to hand out some favours to his creations.
Adam and Eve were laying around the garden of Eden considering their collective plight.
"First up", He said, "who would like to be able to pee standing up?"
Without hesitation, as had become the nature of Adam, he declared, "Me! That is a wonderful addition to all that is male - thank you so much my Lord!"
"Well", He replied, "Eve, I guess that leaves you with the multiple orgasm."

:bunny:

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
Caught--------

But not empty handed...If you know what i mean... Which was a nice thing because there was not enough time to go hunting. I was thinking that if i was a woman i wood have a purse w/some you know what in it...

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
"they clorox everything in the bathroom and pour water with clorox on top of the bowl, around, etc ...yes they scrub the inside...but they make a swimming pool on the floor around the toilet and let the water go down the "desague" the hole in the floor for floods."

Have you ever noticed that Dominicans don't clean anything eye level or up? Dust on top of the fridge, cobwebs in ceiling corners, dust on top of the slats in the windows, etc. Eye level down however gets cleansed, bleached, bathed, swept, mopped and mopped again. They clean like it's an operating room or you're going to decode DNA on that floor/base board/toilet area. Funny stuff.

Reactions: Celt202

Tell me about it, I go to SanPedro de Marcoris to a former NY Yankee ball players home, The place is absolutely beautiful except there is no toilet seat??????? WTF!!!! Strange but true.

Reactions: Celt202

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I just rented a new office and share a bathroom with everyone on my floor. Bathrooms are clean and neat but not one toilet seat in either the mens or womens bathrooms...0-6.

I'm wondering if I should just buy six seats myself? I'm spending money to make sure the office itself is nice and new, so I might as well get the seats as well for my customers and myself.

Honest question...In your opinions will people steal the new seats?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Have you ever noticed that Dominicans don't clean anything eye level or up? Dust on top of the fridge, cobwebs in ceiling corners, dust on top of the slats in the windows, etc. Eye level down however gets cleansed, bleached, bathed, swept, mopped and mopped again. They clean like it's an operating room or you're going to decode DNA on that floor/base board/toilet area. Funny stuff.

hell, next time we have a hire a taller maid, i swear!
carrie, methinks toilet seats are made of plastic. which is why the bowl may be snow white but the seat slowly becomes kinda yellowish from all the cloro.