Need a new drink to sup on, any suggestions?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
"JR",Is that a "Long Island Iced Tea"????

Used to be my "Down Fall",or should I say "Fall Down" drink!
CCCCCCC

Yes in deedy it is a Long Island Ice Teady.....they sneak up on you and bite yah when you least expect it....but go down way too easy...

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
vodka and grapefruit juice (white/yellow not ruby red). If you dont like citrus or bitter you can use ice or soda/seltzer to dilude it a bit.

less calories, and sugar than orange or cranberry juice. Just as high or higher vitamin content than those 2. I almost never had a hangover when drinking this, and the number of calories is way less.

btw my opinion is based on drinking at bars, and lounges where typically cranberry or orange juice is the fake stuff made from syrup. The white/yellow grapefruit juice almost always comes canned high percentage 'juice'. In dR it is probably easier to find/get fresh orange juice which lessens the gap in calories, and vitamin content

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Royal Flush. Google it. Only problem is it tastes so good you can't stop drinking them.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Royal flush for those that dont want to let your fingers do the walkin~

•1 oz. Whiskey, Canadian (Crown Royal)
•1 oz. Schnapps, peach
•Fill with Cranberry Juice
~Cheers....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rI-xbxhPP1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rI-xbxhPP1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

~I had this once at my Aunt's house, my cousin went to veterinarian school in London and she brought it back...was pretty good in the punch that she made, however....WHAT THE HECK IS IT...????????????The bottle lists NO ingredients....any clue???

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
~Royal flush for those that dont want to let your fingers do the walkin~

?1 oz. Whiskey, Canadian (Crown Royal)
?1 oz. Schnapps, peach
?Fill with Cranberry Juice
~Cheers....

Drinking Travellers' Info

In the event that any of you visit Canada....

Canadian Whiskey is referred to as Rye Whiskey....... when ordering, you just say....

Rye and Whatever, please.
.............. just 'Rye" is all that's needed to get your liquor:chinese:

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Drinking Travellers' Info

In the event that any of you visit Canada....

Canadian Whiskey is referred to as Rye Whiskey....... when ordering, you just say....

Rye and Whatever, please.
.............. just 'Rye" is all that's needed to get your liquor:chinese:

Bartender "Rye, two fingers , neat" please...lol...thanks for the short cut WW...

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Thanks Chirimoya....and this may just help Anastacio with keep his stomach settled...

Pimm offered the tonic (a gin-based drink containing quinine and a secret mixture of herbs) as an aid to digestion, serving it in a small tankard known as a "No. 1 Cup", hence its subsequent name