Need advice for POP

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
You could take a look at Caballion, La Canita, Rancho Tipico. All open air dance with mostly dominicans. Maybe you must yourself be a little more activ there as in Sosua. 50-70 pesos from Center PP with moto, 150-200 pesos back with taxi.
And you could start the night with a few presidente on Calle 16 de Agosto.
Also watch the advetising along the roads for concerts.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You'll meet lots of "normal" girls in Pure, looking for gringo peso-nality, just enjoy yourself and stop being so hung up on meeting normal girls. Unless you speak fluent Spanie and/or look like Antonio Banderas, 15 years ago...you be payin' son.

I'm not sure there Romeo....
these days, I bet there are a lot of girls/women who are looking to improve their English and wiiloing to help teach Spanish.

Even when I stop at a roadside place for a beer, the cashier wants to try our her English

Of course, it may be just me...... shy, unassuming and all..... just maybe:smoke:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm not sure there Romeo....

I tried that route, I wound up paying for drinks, dinner, and the salon, after two days of FREE English lessons and several Kamasutra tutorials. Worked out for everybody and we are Fayboo friends now too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I tried that route, I wound up paying for drinks, dinner, and the salon, after two days of FREE English lessons and several Kamasutra tutorials. Worked out for everybody and we are Fayboo friends now too.

I bet you needed the salon treatment -- money well spent, from I can determine

Rub a dub dub, .....

MrCT2DR

Sep 12, 2013
You could take a look at Caballion, La Canita, Rancho Tipico. All open air dance with mostly dominicans. Maybe you must yourself be a little more activ there as in Sosua. 50-70 pesos from Center PP with moto, 150-200 pesos back with taxi.
And you could start the night with a few presidente on Calle 16 de Agosto.
Also watch the advetising along the roads for concerts.

Thanks salsafan. I like those open air places. Ranch Tipico sounds very familiar I think i may have been there before. There are a few places in DR i dont remember going to or coming from!!

MrCT2DR

Sep 12, 2013
Works for me. I am a proud participant in the age old barter system! The more english she speaks the better.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
i meet alot of "normal" girls at chalo's on august 16 and then usually hit canita or esperanza for some dancing afterwards. have fun

add: if you drinking quite a bit watch your tab, i recommend paying every round at the tipico places.

May 5, 2007
I have rented an apartment in Torre Alta for 2 weeks in Oct. i have stayed in Sosua and Cabarete before and I wanted to try something different and maybe mess touristy. So I am staying in Puerto Plata this time. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants and lively night clubs nearby. I am very flexible as far as types of food and music. I would just like to arrive with a few (recommended)options already in mind.

Also someone told me that getting taxi's may prove to be difficult and expensive from Torre Alta. is this true? I would rather not rent a car unless completly necessary.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dating things here, but about 5 years ago we ate at Caf? Cito and found it very good

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Head down to see Martina and Guao at the Kite Bar on the malecon, across from Puerto Plata Beach Resort. Not only is it a good place to meet some active locals and expats but Martina is keen to all the new places in town and all the old ones that are still around.
Also a restaurant just outside the city towards Cofresi on the left side of the highway called Le Papillon.
The restaurant in the old house is Mares restaurant and Lounge. Very cool place, great food, rated number 1 on trip advisor for Puerto Plata. I would place it in the top ten of the island for sure.

MrCT2DR

Sep 12, 2013
Head down to see Martina and Guao at the Kite Bar on the malecon, across from Puerto Plata Beach Resort. Not only is it a good place to meet some active locals and expats but Martina is keen to all the new places in town and all the old ones that are still around.
Also a restaurant just outside the city towards Cofresi on the left side of the highway called Le Papillon.
The restaurant in the old house is Mares restaurant and Lounge. Very cool place, great food, rated number 1 on trip advisor for Puerto Plata. I would place it in the top ten of the island for sure.

Thanks DR. I'll be sure to check them out.