Need help ASAP!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
And do not forget Sta-Bil next time!

You better believe I'll never forget that!
Lucky me that the guys at the Marina do all the maintenance on the boat, including the embedded EU1000i I had placed there long ago. I bought a pair of these so that when we go out boating I can connect both, and have more power on long open sea trips. These were the only ones with clean enough supply to power up the sat based phone and internet devices on board, without requiring much other stuff added. However I'll be performing a full clean up to the one in the boat regardless of what they have done to it so far.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That sounds great! I'm now confident that this will never, never, never repeat again! I'll carry out the needed maintenance to keep it at 100% every month!

The oil stuff I knew and became familiar with after it shut down once when using it extensively, without checking the oil level first as prompted in the user's manual. That's how I learned to do quick lubes on these babies while hot!

About the significant other halve and the kitchen? This is mine! All mine bwahahahaha! *At least when she's not here with me.... Sisters just arrived early today and as of now are busy, busy, busy cleaning the apartment that "supposedly" I just spent the whole yesterday's night "cleaning">!>

Women can find dirt and grime in odd places! Like under the appliances and stuff you would never think of checking for! Who knew that toasters had a hidden compartment where all the bits got collected and needed to be emptied weekly??? Not me! Or that the back of PC monitors were the breeding grounds for dust bunnies? Not me! Heck! I didn't know that upright lamp shades MUST be cleaned by taking them apart and washing them in the sink! Most certainly not me!

But hey! That's why Mom and Dad gave me six sisters for! LOL!! Shhhhh!!! Don't repeat outloud!

Funny thing is that when the other half gets here, she too will find more grime and odd stuff that was left "unclean"...

I didn't start the inverter for so long due to the rules in the complex where I rented, most are 50+ and not too fond of having a crazed Dominican firing up a gasoline powered whatever in the balcony... I try to get along with my old farts as much as I can, being that they're superb house burglar alarms (with dirty Harry's 6 1/2in .44 mag to kick) and oustanding jump start volunteers (I think that I moved into the ACME portable Car Battery Booster's retirement complex, where every retired worker got a free one on their good-bye basket of goodies).:laugh:

Look at the length of that post...... you bet the sisters were scrubbing the place.... and P's hiding on the computer !!!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Perks of being the "male" on the family!

As of their arrival and unpacking, I'm not allowed to touch anything related to the inside of the place, other than the car keys to go buy them whatever it is this time and the next, next, next...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
You better believe I'll never forget that!
Lucky me that the guys at the Marina do all the maintenance on the boat, including the embedded EU1000i I had placed there long ago. I bought a pair of these so that when we go out boating I can connect both, and have more power on long open sea trips. These were the only ones with clean enough supply to power up the sat based phone and internet devices on board, without requiring much other stuff added. However I'll be performing a full clean up to the one in the boat regardless of what they have done to it so far.

yes,
the one stored on a Boat needs extra maintenance, Salt runs Tough on Everything, doesn't matter how good you cover it.
I run a little Diesel Engine connected to a 5KW Generator on Board of the Gladiator for the Electricity of the Aircondition and the Kittchen's Stoves and Microwave and Fridge, such Equipment is always a mayor PITA maintenancewise, even that mine runs on Daily Bases, even on a Off Day I warm up the 2 Big Diesels and the Planta and run the Generator with the Air on for a while, just too keep it all moving every Day, otherwise the Salt would eat all stuff to dead very quick.

Mike

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I pay the Marina where I berth for full service, which includes maintenance on the boat's systems. The EU1000i is not part of that but an add-on I had built for the flybridge area, where we spent most of the time talking away while steering and where incredibly the manufacturer's placed the least available plugs to hook up anything at all.

I have never dared to touch anything of the boat's mechanical stuff nor the electronic equipment, other than too add some vanity stuff around. Not that I would even know what the heck I could touch to begin with!

The boat came with the biz on a very good deal, since the seller was facing stiff financial problems and had to unload everything before the banks moved in on his assets. Prior to this boat my only experience on the matter was using an inflatable raft with a motor for diving.

But this is all good to learn about!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I pay the Marina where I berth for full service, which includes maintenance on the boat's systems. The EU1000i is not part of that but an add-on I had built for the flybridge area, where we spent most of the time talking away while steering and where incredibly the manufacturer's placed the least available plugs to hook up anything at all.

I have never dared to touch anything of the boat's mechanical stuff nor the electronic equipment, other than too add some vanity stuff around. Not that I would even know what the heck I could touch to begin with!

The boat came with the biz on a very good deal, since the seller was facing stiff financial problems and had to unload everything before the banks moved in on his assets. Prior to this boat my only experience on the matter was using an inflatable raft with a motor for diving.

But this is all good to learn about!
Buy a case of WD40 and keep everthing electrical and mechanical well squirted. It forms a film that purges water and resists contaminants like salt.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
well thanks to robert and all other advisors we're having a good time at th everglades ntl park !! yesterday's night we slept like logs... i placed the inverter about sevn meters away from the tents and there was hardly noise!! service ias very spotty here, even with a super omnid mobl antenna ... not to mention hard to type on this cell!! great place to camp but not whhen insects are breeding like water! Lots of brids to see! only bad thng is they charge for every other thing you do out here, or if you want to avoid those tolls one can opt to stay in their camp set up (SO THEY CAN MILK YOU OUT) but the park is fantastic, more so at night underr the darkened sky with no bacground lights. is qworth the travel time, fees and bug bites! I GIVE MY KINGDOM FOR A STEAK RIGHT NOW!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
well thanks to robert and all other advisors we're having a good time at th everglades ntl park !! yesterday's night we slept like logs... i placed the inverter about sevn meters away from the tents and there was hardly noise!! service ias very spotty here, even with a super omnid mobl antenna ... not to mention hard to type on this cell!! great place to camp but not whhen insects are breeding like water! Lots of brids to see! only bad thng is they charge for every other thing you do out here, or if you want to avoid those tolls one can opt to stay in their camp set up (SO THEY CAN MILK YOU OUT) but the park is fantastic, more so at night underr the darkened sky with no bacground lights. is qworth the travel time, fees and bug bites! I GIVE MY KINGDOM FOR A STEAK RIGHT NOW!!!
You forgot these, every body of water down there are full of them. They'd like a steak, too...:cheeky:

04032701PD_alligators.jpg