need help to open a safe

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
edgar in puerto plata - 809 310 6770. opened our hose locks and cars. very reliable man, miesposo has known him for ages, says that he may open a safe too, depending on the type. spanish only.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope he can help. and please, do not kill him after he opens the safe ;) i felt tempted myself, feels kinda strange to know that someone who can open all the locks in your house walks around freely... ;)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I will wager my house this safe will have to be destroyed to get into it. In a country where people are confused by can openers, do not have hope in any technical strategy to open a container that is built so that no one can enter it.

Looks like I owe you my house!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Does it need a new lock or is it usable again, how did he get in, it takes me longer than 48 seconds to find my house keys on a friday night!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
just like in the movies...2 little lock-picking tools, a bit of a jiggle et voila!
open, undamaged and completely reusable

lets hope he never turns to crime...

good to hear, but you'll still have to get a key, 'cause inevitably the battery will eventually die again... with the door closed. OR get yourself a set of lock picks.

Lock Picks - Locksmith Tools, Key Machines, Key Blanks

I didn't check prices... but a new safe might be cheaper. LOL Speaking of cost... how much did he charge? (if you don't mind sharing)

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
good to hear, but you'll still have to get a key, 'cause inevitably the battery will eventually die again... with the door closed. OR get yourself a set of lock picks.

I didn't check prices... but a new safe might be cheaper. LOL Speaking of cost... how much did he charge? (if you don't mind sharing)
Just remember to change the batteries twice a year when you change your smoke detector batteries and when you adjust your clocks. Ooops, no smoke detectors and you don't adjust the clocks in the DR, never mind.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com

batteries didnt actually die. I changed them but there is a bit of a loose connection which is why it didnt work. Anyway, had to get it open as my passport was inside :-0

he charged me 2000$. I know, not cheap. But then he kind of had me over a barrel as we say. And he did have to drive from PP to near Cabarete

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
they are very resourceful. just ask one of the local expats to put you in touch with a respectable local. and have your pesos ready....

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
A cheap and easy way to avoid the problem of batteries dying on you is to check and change batteries at regular intervals or if you are more adventurous and only slightly good with your hands, connect - preferably solder - two wires to the battery terminals inside the safe draw those wires to the outside so that you can connect them to an external battery pack if/when you need to. The whole episode will cost a tiny fraction of the RD$2,000 the locksmith will charge you.