Need Help

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What about the Children's Hospital on Lincoln and Independencia? Across from the Hotel Santo Domingo. Don't know the name or anything about it though....

AE

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Update

They would not move her. Keeping her where she is. Her fever went down and they gave the platelets. Everyone is feeling better about the situation. I won't leave you hanging. I will let you know what happens. Thanks to all who input.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Paul: Sorry I was not here for you earlier, I have been out of the house all day...I am glad to see the fever has ceded...

The Robert Reid Children/s Hospital is also a good place and they have a well trained staff to deal with dengue cases...However, all of the clinics on the above list are fine, if they decide to move her..

Keep us informed, please.

HB

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully she'll be able to keep some food down soon.have them try some ice chips to settle her stomach down.then move up to juices(papaya juice can help aleviate symptoms).Good luck ,stay strong and keep us posted

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Thanks HB. I know I can call you if I need. Thanks to all others who offered advice. She has spent a lot of time with our family. Of course we love her. Latest word is fever is down, platelets up. Hooked up to IV. I'm sure the doctors have seen this many times. I think she will pull through. Thanks.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Update

She is going to be okay. I just got off phone with her. She made it through the worst part. They tell me that when she was going to hospital...because her grandmother recently passed away in hospital and I guess she thinks people go to hospital to die...she requested that her organs be donated. How is that for grace and decency? She has a beautiful new dress coming to her.

Thanks again to all who gave input.