Need home for 2 dogs - good guard dogs - quickly!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I see they are on Judys site, but to be honest I doubt they will go that quick, there are so many pups around right now, even pups are finding it difficult to be rehomed. We can't help as we have 8 at the moment and I'm not expecting much joy until after the new year, I don't feel rehoming with Doms over the xmas is a good idea and expats seem to prefer xbox or iphones on xmas morning. Looks like you will need to keep them with you for a while at least, I've always got my fingers crossed for them and yourself, I hope it works out, but like I say, bad timing.

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
Got in contact with Kelly from Judy's pet lodge and the dogs are being fostered in La Mulatta. I am going to see them and I believe that they will be a new addition to my family. They will have a lot of land to run around they will also have 2 little sisters and lots of new friends, since we are animal lovers and our friends all have and love dogs. I believe that they are meant to be with us because we just moved to Cabarete and we have been looking for 2 big guard dogs so Tammy and Harry have come along at the right time. Will post pics and will send updates wish me luck hope all goes well when I go to see them I am already hyped and dying to take them home even before meeting them. My son and daughter will be very happy with them.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Will look forward to update and pics... sometimes the timing is just right!! Well done to you for looking to adopt this lovely pair of dogs and good luck.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Awesome news, happy for them and you. Hope you can give them more stability than they have previously had. Looking forward to the pics.

Still begs, why is no one interested in my sandy puppies, I thought they would gather loads of attention.........................Nothing..

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
My New Sweeties!!!

Awesome news, happy for them and you. Hope you can give them more stability than they have previously had. Looking forward to the pics.

Still begs, why is no one interested in my sandy puppies, I thought they would gather loads of attention.........................Nothing..

Went to meet Tammy and Harry and they are now mine!!! How these dogs could have been abonded or any dog for that matter is beyond me. They will be going home with me today after work. I can not wait to see them in their new home. Tammy is really friendly and Harry well he will need for us to let him know that he can trust us and that we won't abondon them. Wow we will have an amazing weekend they will be taken to the beach to meet all of our surfing buddies and their dogs. I must say that the lady that has been feeding them is a wonderful soul she has 9 dogs of her own for this reason she could not take Tammy and Harry but god bless her she takes time to go and feed them so that they do not starve and die. Will post pics soon.

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
Will look forward to update and pics... sometimes the timing is just right!! Well done to you for looking to adopt this lovely pair of dogs and good luck.

I do believe it was meant to be. When I went to see them they took to me right away. Harry was a bit reluctant but came to me and was friendly a bit unsure but he knew that I was not there to hurt them. You have no idea these dogs were left in a beautiful house that sits on a huge piece of land and it is obvious that the people that were renting the home could afford to take them along. Shame on the people who left them behind to fend for themselves. Luckily Judy and the other good hearted people took on the responsibility to care for them and to see if they could find them a good home. And they did!!! It's almost quitting time and I can't wait to pick them up I feel like a little kid on christmas day :) jejejejejejejejeje

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
I guess they thought well we are leaving them on a nice piece of land and gorgeous house... UNREAL!!! When I was told that they just left them there to fend for themselves I was so apauled can not believe some could be so cruel. Oh well their loss is my families gain.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Oh Wow, the OP to the thread just upped and left?
I didn't realize this.
What a bastard!

I guess they thought well we are leaving them on a nice piece of land and gorgeous house... UNREAL!!! When I was told that they just left them there to fend for themselves I was so apauled can not believe some could be so cruel. Oh well their loss is my families gain.

Dogs are not disposable.

I went to the OP's website and my virus software detected a virus attack.

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
Welcome to your new home Tammy!!!

Hi everyone promised to send updates and pics. Picked up Tammy only Harry was not ready to leave so we decided to leave him and try to see if today he will want to come home with us. Do not want to traumatize him more. As for Tammy she ran to me and got in my car as though she has always been with us. When we got her home she was sad but yet she knew that she was going to be ok. She is very affectionate and needs a ton of love she is getting along well with her two new sisters and my two kids. This pic is Tammy this morning with her two new sisters. Will let everyone know what happens with Harry.

68zb40.jpg
IMG01095-20111203-0811.jpg

Can someone tell me how to post a pic directly on here please

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

I am a bit confused, were they not dropped off at AAAS Sosua? Some body here posted that their pics where on their website? And now I hear that they were left on the property and the owners just left?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Serenity you are an angel. Just seeing the happy ending posted this morning and hearing that the dogs were just left p!ssed me off. I was going to go into a rant saying the OP was a POS but i reread all her post and chilled out. I see she took in these dogs while she already had 3 of her own. She saved these dogs and gave them a home. Unfortunately some people can only do so much and she made efforts to house the dogs she felt she could not keep. She could have just left the dogs to fend for themselves but made people aware of her situation and it all worked out. When one door closes another one opens. Sounds like the dogs are gonna be beach bums for now on which sounds better than being locked up in La Mulatta. Good for you Serenity.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes Acira, I told the OP to get the pics put on the site, any coverage is good coverage in a situation like that. Pretty bad show the owners just upped and left, lets hope they don't just take on a disposable friend at their new place.

Yes OP, you will be checking in to see what is being said, leave the dogs to people who really want them, please.

It is better to leave a dog rough than take them and drop them. I don't fall for the whole story, anyone who cares about the dogs can not just up a go, not when they are only relocating in the same country, when you take them on there is some obligation that goes with it unfortunately.

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
Judy got a lady to go and feed them because they were just left there all alone to fend for themselves mind you the people who had the dogs at least left a huge bag of food for them I guess for them that is doing the right thing "NOT" If no one goes there to feed them how will they eat. They were left on a beautiful spread of land with a huge beautiful house which they have no access to, to fend for themselves UNREAL!!! The lady that Judy got to help with the dogs fed them put out a bed for them and made sure that they did not get wet if it rained and showed them alot of love. When I got Tammy home tears rolled from my eyes because you could see the confusion and sadness of leaving her long life friend Harry behind. But if all goes well today he will be with us I promise to do my best to convince him to come home with us today.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Take Tammy with you to get the other one. He will show signs of it being cool to come along, and will be excited to see his buddy. I'd get it done while they are excited about seeing each other. Chances are he will wait for months for the owners to return if he is allowed to.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Yes Acira, I told the OP to get the pics put on the site, any coverage is good coverage in a situation like that. Pretty bad show the owners just upped and left, lets hope they don't just take on a disposable friend at their new place.

Yes OP, you will be checking in to see what is being said, leave the dogs to people who really want them, please.

It is better to leave a dog rough than take them and drop them. I don't fall for the whole story, anyone who cares about the dogs can not just up a go, not when they are only relocating in the same country, when you take them on there is some obligation that goes with it unfortunately.

That is why I suggested they should have logged them at Judy's Pet Lodge. I too cannot grasp the idea the just went and left those dogs on their own to survive...sad sad people who think that way about a pet.