Need some advice on how to approach management company

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Owning a house in the DR is no PICNIC" either!!!!!!!
Something is ALWAYS broken, and has to be fixed!
You must have a list of people who can repair anything in their field of "expertise".
After 15 years in my house, I DO!
They charge a fair price, and will come whenever I call them, day, or night!
Many worked for me during the construction of, :La Plaza De La Salud", here in
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC SD!

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Owning a house in the DR is no PICNIC" either!!!!!!!
Something is ALWAYS broken, and has to be fixed!
You must have a list of people who can repair anything in their field of "expertise".
After 15 years in my house, I DO!
They charge a fair price, and will come whenever I call them, day, or night!
Many worked for me during the construction of, :La Plaza De La Salud", here in
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC SD!

Oh tell me about it CC - goodness me with all the apartments I have and then the administration of a complex it is amazing how one goes through ones 'experts', lol... it is a never ending challenge!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
house vs. condo - - security

You hit the nail on the head. There are pros and cons to houses and condos; everyone has to decide for themselves. For me personally, the security challenges of a single unit dwelling far outweigh any and all advantages. To make it work, you have to be in a family situation with long standing ties to the community. You also need to be very interested in maintenance and repairs :)

so many condos are a nightmare financially ......purchasing a house is far better , however the security can be a nightmare especially for older people who become an easy target!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Absolutely agree that the stealing is indiscriminate. My nationality comment is about bill paying customs. I've noticed over the years that my Dominican acquaintances and my acquaintances of other nationalities approach it very differently. There are extreme exceptions in both groups but I've noticed a clear tendency when it comes to "historial crediticio." :)

Arturo, can you give more details as of how the "Nationality" of the owners comes into play, and is it more, or less, for the "Gringos"???
In this instance I believe the "Condo Managers" are , "Equal OPORTUNITY" thieves!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Arturo, you are right about maintenence and up keep for a house!
You are WRONG about "Ties To The Community", and "Family"!
Those two groups are responsible for most of the theft from houses.
The "Family" knows what you have, and uses their, "Ties to the Community" to get the "JOB" done!
Also your maids, gardeners, visitors, and handymen, are always "Casing The Joint" for the "Goodies", and your security measures!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LOTS of big mean watchdogs do my security.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Oh yes, they are so incredibly good at 'casing the joint'... dear me, I had one guy come in to deliver something and before you know it he was asking me if I was selling 'x', 'y' and 'z'. I couldn't get him out of my house fast enough. Now the dog has learnt to growl, I just tell them to leave everything outside - just in case the dog gets nervous and bites you!!! More likely she would like you to death, lol.. but she growls so convincingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!