need some rough figures for beach bar/restaurant in Cabarete

bosstone

Mar 31, 2004
Ok, I know that I will get all the typical responses that say you will make no money, it is impossible to make a profit and the normal negative comments.

What I want to know, from anyone with experience in food or alcohol sales in Cabarete in one of the beach front restaurants, is what kind of profit margin is a realistic figure for alcohol and food sales(beer, liquor, chicken, fish, etc). Monthly if you are moderately successful what kind of sales volume can you expect in this area. Any info, thoughts or suggestions would be great.

thanks in advance
CC

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think your asking an impossible question.

Define moderately successful?

I see bars in Cabarete that are packed and always doing business and others always almost empty.

Why not do it the other way around?

What are you looking to do, market, experience, investment etc and maybe your get some answers that wil mean something.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
As with any business you need to find your break even point. That is the amount you need to make before you break even.

I think it will be more difficult for you to nail down the costs of supplies with out being there and talking to the suppliers direct.

As with any cost analysis you will have to factor in the hard or known costs as well as your floating expenses,and be very liberal with the amounts so you do not suprise yourself and be on the short end expense wise.

There are a few people on this board that do own restaurants in Sosua, but it is not my place to volunteer them for info. So my business 101 is all I can offer.
I hope this helps a little.

Hifiman