Need spare car keys.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hey DV8-- You say Edgar has a coding machine. Does this work specifically for Honda, or can it be used for other makes?? I have a Ford Exlpoder 2007. thanks, tom

edgar has this chip coding computer/machine.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Just go to the dealer. I agree that you should change your locks. You never know who has your keys.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
By having a spare key that will unlock the door but not start the car it will prevent you from being locked out. With the electric door locks on modern cars its easy to lock the car with the keys inside. The ignition key is computer coded and quite expensive to replace. A locksmith is able to copy the ignition key but not copy the computer code so you have an inexpensive key that will open the doors and trunk.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I think you will find that the coded ignition is very expensive to duplicate. Changing all the locks and the coded keys is a really expensive undertaking. Be cheaper to up the insurance to full coverage.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Hey DV8-- You say Edgar has a coding machine. Does this work specifically for Honda, or can it be used for other makes?? I have a Ford Exlpoder 2007. thanks, tom
miesposo himself ordered this machine and he says it should work on most car brands up until 2009-2010.
edgar is in POP but will travel if need be.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
By having a spare key that will unlock the door but not start the car it will prevent you from being locked out. With the electric door locks on modern cars its easy to lock the car with the keys inside. The ignition key is computer coded and quite expensive to replace. A locksmith is able to copy the ignition key but not copy the computer code so you have an inexpensive key that will open the doors and trunk.

sometimes that can be of value too. we used to have a montero with a spare key that would only open the door, normal metal key. when on the beach we left THE key in the car and miesposo went into the water with a metal copy in the pocket of his swimming trunk. safe and sound.