Netflix

OkieJoe

Feb 15, 2013
My ISP is Delancer from Sosua. If you buy 3mbps or above, you automatically get an IP address in Florida, which is nice. The internet comes from a fibre optic line from Floada.

I get the full US content of Netflix without mucking around with VPNs. I got rid of my dish ages ago and I con't remember when I last watched the cable TV, that's for the wife to watch her novellas. TV on demand is the future. Watch what you want, when you want.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your internet speed? Gigs per month, cost? Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Completely agree with beeza that IPTV is the way to go. Dishes unused for over a year now. I have 5 MBit/s download speed with Cable del Norte and also have the benefit of a US IP address.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I do not have a TV and am not a big "watcher," but between Graboid and Netflix, I can veg from time to time. My only complaint is that sometimes--and it's very capricious--Netflix will decide in the middle of a "House of Cards" binge that the selected content is not available in my location. It doesn't matter to me that much, but it is mildly annoying.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
My dear friends. All you need is Kodi and you can watch any television program in existence.

What he said.
Kodi with it's addons is THE BOMB. You are able to both stream and download. First run movies/still in theater are also available.It also gives you the capability to stream live TV. It can be installed on windows or Mac.
You'll forget that Nexflix ever existed.
Anyone interested can PM me, and I'll email the links.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Just Slightly Off Topic

I stopped watching television in the DR because I need closed captioning and Puerto Plata Cable wasn't making that available, even if closed captioning was available for the particular show.

With IPTV or streaming, is closed captioning available? If so, it would be worth investigating.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I stopped watching television in the DR because I need closed captioning and Puerto Plata Cable wasn't making that available, even if closed captioning was available for the particular show.

With IPTV or streaming, is closed captioning available? If so, it would be worth investigating.

With Netflix you can get subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese. You can also select audio languages on some content too.

I found that out when I watched Narcos, which is filmed in Spanish and English to keep it authentic. (Comes highly recommended by the way, it's a very accurate portrayal of Pablo Escobar). If you select English as your primary language, the spoken Spanish is subtitled into English, but if you select Spanish, the English language is subtitled in Spanish. Clever stuff!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
With Netflix you can get subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese. You can also select audio languages on some content too.

I found that out when I watched Narcos, which is filmed in Spanish and English to keep it authentic. (Comes highly recommended by the way, it's a very accurate portrayal of Pablo Escobar). If you select English as your primary language, the spoken Spanish is subtitled into English, but if you select Spanish, the English language is subtitled in Spanish. Clever stuff!

Thank you! Need to investigate a VPN and Netflix now.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
when I watch netflix with dominicans I use the regular DR internet IP and I get latin american netflix with spanish subtitiles or spanish dubbing. so all I do is use my chromecast to see 1080p HD movies. when I am alone I connect with laptop to TV or my HD projector with HDMI cable. Now I use "hola" plugin in my chrome browser and watch american netflix in HD quality. I also download HD quality from torrents and watch them in High definition. I use to VPN or anything, my Hola plugin does the magic.
AZB