New Entry / Exit Form

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I hope this doesn't deteriorate.....

I used the form y'day on my exit,
I was very careful to keep a copy to show the Migracion officer
BUT
then I realised, that the info goes straight into the sytem.

Once your submission is accepted....nothing more needed
The Agent confirmed this to me
I'm beginning to see the sense to it - and starting to like it - no paerwork

I hope this information helps people - I was frantic about a copy for a while....
Not needed

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Left Sunday through POP. Was running just a little late. Nobody in customs, never filled out the form. A portly, little customs officer pulls me aside. I tell him I owe 4k in overstay fees. Without looking at my arrival stamp, he takes and pockets the money, stamps my passport, and tells me not to worry about the exit form. I was content. Love the DR!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Left Sunday through POP. Was running just a little late. Nobody in customs, never filled out the form. A portly, little customs officer pulls me aside. I tell him I owe 4k in overstay fees. Without looking at my arrival stamp, he takes and pockets the money, stamps my passport, and tells me not to worry about the exit form. I was content. Love the DR!
Guess the only thing that changed is the price of poker............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That would have been a Migracion official not a Customs official.

(Customs is worried about stuff when it comes into the DR)

Good luck getting back in without a record of paying the overstay fee.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
That would have been a Migracion official not a Customs official.

(Customs is worried about stuff when it comes into the DR)

Good luck getting back in without a record of paying the overstay fee.

Sorry. Immigration.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If they stamped his passport that is a record that he left.

How? It is only a record if they swipe the passport and it logs into the system. If the guy just stamps and sticks RD$ 4000 in his pocket, then the system will still show that the guy is in the country and, as has been stated, it will be fun when he tries to re-enter. I would suggest he hangs on to his boarding pass for the departing flight.

It's 100% organised in Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, they have a special area you have to go to to pay and the system won't allow them to swipe you out until you have paid and got a receipt.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What happens when he shows the Custom stamp that he left? Is that not real.....................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I guess we'll see......

This new system changes the game somewhat
We've always wondered how they'll use it.....
Comprehensive tracking

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
What happens when he shows the Custom stamp that he left? Is that not real.....................

You've lived in the country for a while right? Surely you have experienced the "joys" of Dominican officials who discover that you have a problem with some paperwork? The "ah bueno, no se que decirte mi amorrrrrr" routine. You have a problem, nobody gives a damn. Think back to mid December when that British Airways flight landed with about 30 passengers on board and how atrociously they were treated, firstly made to sit for hours and hours in the terminal, then frog-marched out to a bus, nobody knew where it was going, taken to a camp and told to stay there until further instructions were given. Think of the recent reports of people missing flights because they are struggling with the e-ticket system. Maybe things are different in POP but I wouldn't fancy his chances arriving in PUJ or SDQ.

I'm even surprised that he was allowed to board his flight anyway. I was on a Delta flight once from SDQ > ATL, we taxied out to the runway and then the pilot said we had to taxi back because there was a passenger on board who had not completed Dominican immigration procedures correctly. They refused permission to take off and we had to go back to the terminal so the guy could go back to immigration and do something he needed to do. Took about an hour to fix, the guy said that they hadn't entered his details correctly into the system and for this reason the passenger count on the flight was different to the passengers boarded. This was 3 or 4 years ago.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Immigration officers are doing a good job here in, I got pulled over last week while doing my check in... My finger prints are in bad shape after 13 years of hard mechanical works in the US, but everything went smoothly, after screening my passport.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
How? It is only a record if they swipe the passport and it logs into the system. If the guy just stamps and sticks RD$ 4000 in his pocket, then the system will still show that the guy is in the country and, as has been stated, it will be fun when he tries to re-enter. I would suggest he hangs on to his boarding pass for the departing flight.

It's 100% organised in Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, they have a special area you have to go to to pay and the system won't allow them to swipe you out until you have paid and got a receipt.
Returned Sunday after three months' absence with no problem. So much for the experts here on DR1.