New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
SDQ is still accepting flights from the US at 3am, what are the guidelines for traveling during the curfew? if she has my airport ticket info will that suffice any cops hassling the taxi/ubers ?
My understanding is that transit to and from the airport outside of the curfew hours is allowed.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
SDQ is still accepting flights from the US at 3am, what are the guidelines for traveling during the curfew? if she has my airport ticket info will that suffice any cops hassling the taxi/ubers ?

The Uber app does not let you book a ride during curfew hours. I would strongly recommend that you book a ride with a known driver if you are arriving at that time of the morning, and make sure the driver does have permission. The driver I use, Jesus, speaks good English, mainly works with tourists and he definitely has the permission to drive during the curfew. You can whatsapp him on +1 809 432 0999 if it helps.

Reactions: snowbrat85

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes it will. Besides, some of these cops, that hang of the side of the road, in pairs, with shot guns, believe it or not are afraid of the dark. If by chance they are operating in a sedan, chances are they have arrived at The Sleep Away Resort by The Sea long ago with their teddy bears besides them.
:)

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I filled out entry and exit form online. I emailed it to myself and printed it. Nobody asked me for it in PUJ when I entered and left the DR. I won't be filling this form again. It is a waste of time. I don't see of thousands of us Dominicans leaving abroad filling up this form online. It is not going to last one day after it is made mandatory. Even on the paper form I write whatever and nobody has ever checked to make sure is the right info.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
I filled out entry and exit form online. I emailed it to myself and printed it. Nobody asked me for it in PUJ when I entered and left the DR. I won't be filling this form again. It is a waste of time. I don't see of thousands of us Dominicans leaving abroad filling up this form online. It is not going to last one day after it is made mandatory. Even on the paper form I write whatever and nobody has ever checked to make sure is the right info.
They collect it from you in Punta Cana when you exit the Customs hall. They don't collect it from you on departure from Punta Cana if you go through the automatic passport control channels since your passport is not stamped on exit and they're already relying on their electronic records. I suspect at the other airports without automatic passport control channels, the migration officer collects it on departure.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hello, thanks for the follow up on your arrival and departure experience.

Migration officers do not need to scan your QR code for either arrival or departure, when they swipe your passport your e-ticket shows up on their screen (it's linked to the passport)

You will need your QR code mostly for arrivals, to show it to customs. For departure, customs won't normally ask any passenger for it, but it's a good idea to have it on your phone in case your bag is inspected or if you have something to declare when leaving the country.

Here is the expert opinion from POP..... the Migracion person there^^^^^^^

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A friend of mine departed POP last Wednesday. The site wasn't working for him on his cellphone, so I helped him do it on my computer. Very easy to fill out and I'd much rather do it this way than fill out those forms at the airport. I printed out the form just in case and he had the QRC code on his phone. He didn't show either of them on departure for the reason stated above.

Reactions: POP DGA

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
The Uber app does not let you book a ride during curfew hours. I would strongly recommend that you book a ride with a known driver if you are arriving at that time of the morning, and make sure the driver does have permission. The driver I use, Jesus, speaks good English, mainly works with tourists and he definitely has the permission to drive during the curfew. You can whatsapp him on +1 809 432 0999 if it helps.
I think he is very happy to contact him outside the Uber app, given the high fees an Uber driver has to pay.
In addition, an Uber is not allowed to pick you up at Las Americas, I was told last year? Is that still the case?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I think he is very happy to contact him outside the Uber app, given the high fees an Uber driver has to pay.
In addition, an Uber is not allowed to pick you up at Las Americas, I was told last year? Is that still the case?

Jesus does not drive for Uber. His work is pretty much 100% taking private clients to and from airports. Uber is fine for buzzing around the city but I would not recommend it to or from the airport, particularly during curfew hours. I certainly wouldn't do it.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Does the yellow cab stand (left at the exit) operate 24 hours? I started to use them about a year ago and found them to be AAA. I use them only one way. SD to JD $45. SUV,AC. pleasant drivers. I have only used them in the day and know nothing about their hours.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Hello Ezequiel,

As I stated previosuly Migration won't ask for your e-ticket since it's linked to your passport, at customs, you will be asked to either present the blue written form or the QR code from your e-ticket (in theory until March 31st, after that e-ticket will be mandatory).

About writing "whatever" on your declaration, you may get away with it 99% of the time, just beaware... that's a legal document you fill and sign, if it comes to it, any false information you provide can be grounds for extra fines or even legal charges.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It was put off until spring...forget the reason..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"Put off till spring" and if we see upticks in tourism ,put off for ever so as to not molest the tourist any further with a flawed program. IMHO.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just did the form for my wife.....

Went back to Spanish---
English version could not pull up 'Reason for Trip'.

Everything else worked smoothly

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, phisical forms accepted until March 31, e-ticket only starting April 1st.
What are they going to do with Dominicans that will not do E-Ticket? Including my old parents? That is not going to last one day after it is made mandatory. It will happen the same thing that happened with the Covid test at the Airport. People are going to riot.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
What are they going to do with Dominicans that will not do E-Ticket? Including my old parents? That is not going to last one day after it is made mandatory. It will happen the same thing that happened with the Covid test at the Airport. People are going to riot.

I think the airlines will insist that you have completed the e-ticket before you check in for a flight. Airlines use the site iatatravelcenter.com to check for requirements for all countries they fly to. This now says "Effective April 1: Passengers must complete an electronic ticket at migracion.gob.do. This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival". So unless this rule changes, the airlines will insist that you show them this code before you check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.