New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Part of the problem is that some airlines have yet to instruct their personnel to properly guide travelers in filling the forms at ticketing check-in.
Also, they had issues with servers on some languages. The code needed to be retooled.

Underway as we chat here…
Let’s see how the final product comes up.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
It will be a busy year for sure.
People are anxious and want to seek freedom both physical and mentally.
The DR offers both at the same time.
The DR has removed all restrictions on travel as of now. Only fill the form and that’s about it, until further notice.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It will be a busy year for sure.
People are anxious and want to seek freedom both physical and mentally.
The DR offers both at the same time.
The DR has removed all restrictions on travel as of now. Only fill the form and that’s about it, until further notice.
There is nothing else they can do if they want tourists here. if one out of 50 tourists fill this thing out successfully it would be a miracle............................... Or even know about it to begin with.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
There is nothing else they can do if they want tourists here. if one out of 50 tourists fill this thing out successfully it would be a miracle............................... Or even know about it to begin with.
Sooner or later travelers will have to do it, Dominican Republic is not the only country implementing that system.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That would be countries which require an e-ticket form filled online prior to travel.
Only twist would be the added covid-19 questions.

Or so I make that out to be…
Name ONE..................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Pre Registering has been around. Airlines have it to check in, but it is NOT required to travel...................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Personally, I have filled it a out 2-3x for my wife.....always successfully.... using FireFox
Easy to fill out if you use Spanish, but what about someone from France, Italy, Ukraine, etc. It will never fly here.........................And what tourist would even know about this?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Actually, Recently I have done it in English

But Yes... prior you needed the Spanish

It offers a variety of languages.....several

To be be cold blooded about it
If you are here and haven't enough Spanish to fill it out....... ????

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Name ONE..................

Plenty!
Too many!
The thing here is you’re a foreign passport holder with visa free access to many countries, unlike plenty of citizens from other countries.

DR passport Evisa (aka entry permit)
Albania
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Benin
Bolivia
Dijibouti
Egypt
Ethiopia
Gabon
Guinea
Iran
Kenya
Kyrgyzstan
Lesotho
Madagascar
Malawi
Moldova
Nigeria
Rwanda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sao Tome and principe

And on and on…

They gather the exact same data as those now requiring clearance for covid-19 travelers.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Today ,I have just flew back from NY to POP.

Yes ,you suppose to access this web-site https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/ and fill-in the form online.
The link is given to you by the crew before landing.It can be filled in at anytime.

Once submitted ,you will get a confirmation email with a PDF which identifies your e-ticket.
No need to print anything ,the custom officer will have the form that you submitted on his computer as well..

If he does not, for whatever reason he will have the paper form that you need to fill in.

Not sure when it was put in place ,but Jetblue provides free access to WIFI ,the whole trip. So, it's very handy with this new electronic form.

On the same subject ,JFK made a huge improvement recently.
I do have the Global Entry pass.Now , you are not scanning anything anymore ,not answering any questions anymore ,no fingers print taken.
The kiosk which used to do all the above is now taking ONE picture and with face recognition ,they know who you are ,where you are coming from and print right away the pass that you give to the custom officer.....and voila...that's it.. You are free to get your luggage and go...

Welcome to the future and I am not drinking :)

On the covid subject ,I went to get my covid vaccine (Janssen from Johnson/Johnson). Left Friday ,vaccine on Saturday ,come back today.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Today ,I have just flew back from NY to POP.

Yes ,you suppose to access this web-site https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/ and fill-in the form online.
The link is given to you by the crew before landing.It can be filled in at anytime.

Once submitted ,you will get a confirmation email with a PDF which identifies your e-ticket.
No need to print anything ,the custom officer will have the form that you submitted on his computer as well..

If he does not, for whatever reason he will have the paper form that you need to fill in.

Not sure when it was put in place ,but Jetblue provides free access to WIFI ,the whole trip. So, it's very handy with this new electronic form.

On the same subject ,JFK made a huge improvement recently.
I do have the Global Entry pass.Now , you are not scanning anything anymore ,not answering any questions anymore ,no fingers print taken.
The kiosk which used to do all the above is now taking ONE picture and with face recognition ,they know who you are ,where you are coming from and print right away the pass that you give to the custom officer.....and voila...that's it.. You are free to get your luggage and go...

Welcome to the future and I am not drinking :)

On the covid subject ,I went to get my covid vaccine (Janssen from Johnson/Johnson). Left Friday ,vaccine on Saturday ,come back today.

Ha! And they complained about China’s face recognition cameras et al…
If it’s you is ok, if others all hell breaks loose.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Plenty!
Too many!
The thing here is you’re a foreign passport holder with visa free access to many countries, unlike plenty of citizens from other countries.

DR passport Evisa (aka entry permit)
Albania
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Benin
Bolivia
Dijibouti
Egypt
Ethiopia
Gabon
Guinea
Iran
Kenya
Kyrgyzstan
Lesotho
Madagascar
Malawi
Moldova
Nigeria
Rwanda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sao Tome and principe

And on and on…

They gather the exact same data as those now requiring clearance for covid-19 travelers.
What does this have to do with an E Ticket? For centuries what you described has been done. Visas and different countries allowed into other countries Visa free has nothing to do what we are talking about here. The E Ticket is NOT a Visa..................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The E Ticket is personal information solely on the traveler. It has nothing on it on Covid or Visas. It is basically the same thing you would fill out on the blue form when you leave or arrive. So the idea that no one can leave or enter the DR without this is a complete bust. If you have been in an out of DR airports lately you would know that 90% or more of the travelers do not have an E Ticket.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The E Ticket is personal information solely on the traveler. It has nothing on it on Covid or Visas. It is basically the same thing you would fill out on the blue form when you leave or arrive. So the idea that no one can leave or enter the DR without this is a complete bust. If you have been in an out of DR airports lately you would know that 90% or more of the travelers do not have an E Ticket.
99.9 %

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I am finding it hard to believe that you are all complaining so strongly about the need to complete an online form instead of a paper form. It's 2021 people. If I visit the US I have had to complete an online ESTA for about 10 years now, no big deal. Online, not on paper. If I travel to the UK I have to complete a Passenger Locator Form before I arrive. Again online, not possible on paper. A form for DR is absolutely no different and if people are so stupid they travel and completely ignore the messages that their airlines give them about the need to complete this form, then they deserve to miss their flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.