New Gym in Sosua

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ken i talk about the Golden Park Gym, the only open Gym in Sosua. The price for a month is 400 pesos for everybody.

Karl

Jan 1, 2002
Do you know of any places in Sosua or Cabarete that sell supplements (i.e. creatine, protein powders)?

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The new gym is on hold at the moment, unfortanetly. Those people would definitely have them since they sold them before their former gym was a casualty of the earthquake. Not sure if the other gym has them. Will ask the trainers tomorrow and post again.

Some protein powdes are sold by the El Playero supermarket on the highway. I get Protamin. It is not only the cheapest of what the supermarket has but also the least sugar. They also sell a soy protein powder that the label says is 98% protein, but I stopped using that because there is no list of ingrediants.

I know I have seen them in farmacias in Santo Domingo and am inclinded to think I have seen them in a farmacia here. But, will check further and respond more later.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Karl, I can answer sooner than expected. The products you want are sold at the Golden Park gym and the store at Coastal gas station between Sosua and Cabarete. But your best bet are the GNC stores in Santiago. They have all the products for less money than those in Sosua.

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
We discount GNC products.

Actually we sell GNC products for less than in Santiago or Santo Domingo! We buy directly from Vitasalud with the understanding that we are allowed to discount off of their GNC store prices. We use their list to set our prices so if you do find our prices higher let us know so that we can verify their list prices and adjust ours accordingly ( we have to rely on what prices they tell us they sell for). Also we can get any special orders, just let us know!

Gregory

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
new Gym in sosua

You just have to try the new gym in sosua the latest of everything, Attendants, Trainers, the works, suprised you Ssuans dont know about it.. Caters to North americans and Europeans exclusively. no locals. free massage once a month....whirlpool and Spa......very nice... upscale.......500.0pesos a month until July.......and A.C.....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mikeyone, are you serious? As close to the ground for gym news as my ear is, I think I would have heard something. But if true, it is great news.

Where is it located? Who is running it?

Had been expecting a new gym like the one described to open about now, but that fell through, even though the location would make an outstanding gym

More details please, either in this thread or send me a PM or email using the buttons below this post.