New lighting for the Malecon

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Iluminacion-Malecon-Presidencia-1024x565.png

About 10 kilometers of the 14 of the sea-bordering George Washington Avenue (El Malecón) have been illuminated with low-consumption LEDs to beautify and increase security in the area.

Edesur announced that 440 electric lamps have been installed from Abraham Lincoln Avenue to the Syrian-Palestinian Lebanese Club.

Milton Morrison, general administrator of Edesur, said 140 new LED or low consumption lamps were installed, and 54 poles.

The general manager of Edesur Dominicana said these works were carried out in response to the requests of neighborhood councils and passers-by who denounced the darkness of the area.

“The illumination of the main roads of the National District that correspond to Edesur is a priority,” said Morrison.

He said that the goal is not only to beautify each stretch of sea-fronting avenue, but also to increase the level of public safety...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I don't think a single day has gone by when all the lights on the Malecon are working. Especially the Edesur stretch, that's the worst bit. The only thing that company knows how to do is screw huge amounts of money out of people and cut off their energy when they are 4 seconds late in paying.

Reactions: JD Jones

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
i hate that Idea !!!! I was so happy when the the lights they put recently went away. I live right in front of the malecon and; more light meaning more people meaning more noise at night.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just saw a video of the new lighting on the EDESUR FB page. Looks really nice!