new mail service at cheaper rates

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hey Bushbaby ,

Was reading your posts on here about this company , I wonder if you could tell me your final Experience with them . .....and I import larger Shipments like 2-500 Lbs

I have one ready to go at 268 Lbs , I spoke to Xmail, wrote them and Now I just wanna be sure that they can perform adequately .

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The first one came through VERY sweetly - by the ship method.

I think I chose the wrong time for the second delivery as
a) they had just changed address for the shipping freight company who receives in Miami
b) the sending company (OR me) putting the 'old' address on the package being sent
c) Christmas volume

has caused a longer than anticipated receipt of goods ordered (from the States) in late November/December. X-Mail have tried to sort these problems out & have worked hard to meet the alternative suggestions I made to them. Hopefully in future deals, they will be able to action these 'alternatives' on their own initiative without me having to ask them!

ALWAYS get a tracking number if at all possible. You can then trace where things have got to & chase with knowledge rather than assumptions!

Hope this helps with your decision making process. ~ Grahame.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Xmail update: 29oct - 29dec06

I joined this service; it's "free"; I'm having some of my mail & 1 package - @30 lbs - sent thru Xmail; my very general impressions:

* nice people, 2 DR females [1 a lawyer!! Not practicing.], both speak exc. English - a blessing; a positive, customer oriented attitude - not seen frequently in the DR!

* NOT closed for 2 hours every day, per the DR commercial disease;

* very convenient location; near RUSA & Sam's Bar, 1 block from the Malecon, POP;

* FL - DR delivery time seems t/b @ 3 - 5 days; there is an office in Santiago; probalby in Santo Domingo also;

* not well designed for routine [letters, newspapers, magazines] mail; the process is clumsy; but the mail arrives;

* everything seems to reach POP; nothing lost yet that I've been able to detect;

* the billing process is confusing - to me at least;

* this might work; "the jury is still out" [forgive me; I was a lawyer once!]; time will tell; I suggst 6 - 18 - 24 months;

* Xmail is not doing any POP advertising whatsoever, a mistake I think. Xmail needs more customers.

* 1 Gringo's opinion: well worth a try; not much to lose. Competition in this area is good for all of us Expats.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Notice That the "OP" Made 4 Posts On DR1 Then Disapeared?

I still say the original post was SPAM! Not In A CAN!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC