New Membership Status?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Simply apply the rules equally and mods refrain from making snid remarks that inflamme rather than calm situation down would be a start.

If you are going to call out the mods, then you better post examples, or you will end up being banned for a VERY long time.

I'm waiting....

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
I think the mods are doing a good job in general. On some occasions I have found that they have not been neutral in their opinions when other posters starts to argue.

Not a big deal maybe but if moderators want to be respected in their role it is good to keep that in their mind. I can provide a few examples if there is of any interest.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Some of these comments bring to mind the late Marc Beland (Marco) aka Rocky. He was the one who broke the bank and reverted to newb' after exceeding the counter's capacity to deal with all of his posts.

A year or so later he announced that he would no longer be posting, and a year or so after that I had the opportunity to talk to him about it (in between him fixing our Dell laptop). His take on it then was that there was far too much cronyism, cynicism and back-biting. The fun had gone out of DR1.

I think back to the days before say 2010 and, without being condescending, I concur. The atmosphere has indeed changed. And while DR1 is still a good forum, it's not as much to my liking as it used to be.

wbr

May 5, 2007
If you are going to call out the mods, then you better post examples, or you will end up being banned for a VERY long time.

I'm waiting....

Until "disinterested" outside moderators are hired by DR1, why would anyone not expect them to post their opinions on subjects? I see nothing wrong with a moderator having an opinion, if they choose to "harm" someone with a differing opinion that may be an issue but have yet to see that

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Until "disinterested" outside moderators are hired by DR1, why would anyone not expect them to post their opinions on subjects? I see nothing wrong with a moderator having an opinion, if they choose to "harm" someone with a differing opinion that may be an issue but have yet to see that

Those that don't look can't see. There has been a number of times moderators have " punished " someone for having a differing view than them. Happened to me when Berzin was a moderator.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I'm waiting....

One example: Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
Do not bring Trumps name or his policies into a conversation again until the 19th, is this black and white enough for you.......Insult or provoke me again and you will have a vacation End of Quote

No insult intended, or provocation, just speaking truth, you are allowing discussion of race, a forbidden topic.. Use of threats is not cool.

I was banned for the above answer.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Those that don't look can't see. There has been a number of times moderators have " punished " someone for having a differing view than them. Happened to me when Berzin was a moderator.

And he is no longer a mod, so what does that tell you?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Do not bring Trumps name or his policies into a conversation again until the 19th, is this black and white enough for you.......Insult or provoke me again and you will have a vacation End of Quote

No insult intended, or provocation, just speaking truth, you are allowing discussion of race, a forbidden topic.. Use of threats is not cool.

How many times have you been given infractions or been banned? Many and often!

Instead of complaining, maybe a change of attitude is in order, just a thought ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of these comments bring to mind the late Marc Beland (Marco) aka Rocky. He was the one who broke the bank and reverted to newb' after exceeding the counter's capacity to deal with all of his posts.

A year or so later he announced that he would no longer be posting, and a year or so after that I had the opportunity to talk to him about it (in between him fixing our Dell laptop). His take on it then was that there was far too much cronyism, cynicism and back-biting. The fun had gone out of DR1.

I think back to the days before say 2010 and, without being condescending, I concur. The atmosphere has indeed changed. And while DR1 is still a good forum, it's not as much to my liking as it used to be.

wbr

I think you might find it had something to do with the fake kiddnapping.
I lot of bad blood was spilled and some posters had egg on their face over that event.
The sad fact is, DR1 lost some good posters and some good friendships broke up, due to one moronic idiot.

End of topic...

As I have said many times, you get out of DR1 what you put in.
If you are consently negative or moaning, then guess what, that is pretty much a reflection of you as a poster.

Bottom line, this is just a message board, not life and death. Have fun, share your knowledge, smile, don't take it too serioulsy and it will give you back 10 fold.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

wbr

I miss CC and Chippie. I even miss Pichy's pictures. ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How many times have you been given infractions or been banned? Many and often!

Instead of complaining, maybe a change of attitude is in order, just a thought ;)

Not complaining, stating the truth, as I see it. Most of my infractions were deserved, although some were not intentional breaking of rules. Several were not breaking any rules, just moderators acting as provocateurs, or in the case of Berzin not liking that I wasn't showing the respect he though a Dominican American author deserved. Can't you admit that some of the moderators have taken things to a personal level , resulting in the appearance of unfair and inconsistent application of their powers.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Not complaining, stating the truth, as I see it. Most of my infractions were deserved, although some were not intentional breaking of rules. Several were not breaking any rules, just moderators acting as provocateurs, or in the case of Berzin not liking that I wasn't showing the respect he though a Dominican American author deserved. Can't you admit that some of the moderators have taken things to a personal level , resulting in the appearance of unfair and inconsistent application of their powers.

There's one who has wet dreams about me. ;)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

That infraction was reversed within minutes, you were not banned.....

You have never been banned by me!!!

Jan 08, 2017, banned for 60 days from OT only....and NOT by me

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That infraction was reversed within minutes, you were not banned.....

You have never been banned by me!!!

Jan 08, 2017, banned for 60 days from OT only....and NOT by me

Regardless, that was the post that I was banned for, and I didn't break any rules.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Regardless, that was the post that I was banned for, and I didn't break any rules.

You should get your facts straight, THAT POST WAS DELETED BY ME, NOBODY banned you.......
I have your complete history of infractions and bans, reasons why, exact dates and times.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You should get your facts straight, THAT POST WAS DELETED BY ME, NOBODY banned you.......
I have your complete history of infractions and bans, reasons why, exact dates and times.

You banned me, Robert reversed the ban, and I was still given infraction points.
You sent me this:
You have received an infraction at DR1 Dominican Republic Forums
Dear bob saunders,

You have received an infraction at DR1 Dominican Republic Forums.

Reason: 1 month Ban
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1792387
Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
Do not bring Trumps name or his policies into a conversation again until the 19th, is this black and white enough for you.......Insult or provoke me again and you will have a vacation
All the best,
DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
AND THE 10 POINT INFRACTION WAS IMMEDIATELY REVERSED, AGAIN, YOU WERE NEVER BANNED
Then Robert gave you a 3 point infraction, so what.......
So, now in YOUR post, you show the ban was reversed, hmmmm
I banned you at 06-15-2017, 02:57 PM, reversed at 06-15-2017, 03:06PM
9 minutes,wow....

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
AND THE 10 POINT INFRACTION WAS IMMEDIATELY REVERSED, AGAIN, YOU WERE NEVER BANNED
Then Robert gave you a 3 point infraction, so what.......
So, now in YOUR post, you show the ban was reversed, hmmmm

I think you are missing the point. There was an infraction given for no offense in the first place. No use carrying this any farther.