new ole to open in boca chica tomorrow

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I don't know why you put Dominican in quotes. The chain is owned by the Lomba family, doesn't get any more Dominican than that.

I was referring to the OP, where it stated that an Ole was opening that would for once not cater to Dominicans.

So I was just letting him know that in fact it is Dominican and caters to Dominicans.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You come all the way from New York to shop in the DR?????
I buy food for 8 people EVERYDAY, here in SD, I have a better grasp on LOCAL super market prices & type. quality of products.
OLE sucks!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You come all the way from New York to shop in the DR?????
I buy food for 8 people EVERYDAY, here in SD, I have a better grasp on LOCAL super market prices & type. quality of products.
OLE sucks!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I have lots of friends (Dominicans) who shop there and when I am in the DR I go along with them.

My life revolves around Dominicans when I'm there, as I am Dominican, of course.:classic:

Of course OLE sucks! But for Dominicans the vegetables are cheaper for them(platano,
yuca, batata) but the only thing is, that they do not clean their produce so there's a lot
of dirt on them so when you take it home you need to wash them.

No, you are not the only one with a grasp on local produce or quality as my family(who live there)
and I (when I'm there) also shop in other supermarkets as well.

Last edited:

SosuaEnVivo

Nov 13, 2014
Ole has put a dent in some of the local small businesses that sell similar products. I spoke with the owner of the store/short time hotet next to Gusto Tropical on Duarte near the beach. He currently adding a third floor to the property for more rooms as well as planning to convert the store to more hotel rooms. He cited "Ole" as one of the key reasons for the change. He didn't sound angry more as a business owner trying to cope with progress and change like all the rest.