New places for a Sunday afternoon?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Been going to the Zona Colonial and eating at Rita's for quite a few years now, good room for the wee one to ride her bike and play with other kids while we can sit, eat and relax without the threat of vehicles.

We've been getting bored with it now, the bathroom renovation is dragging on and for this we expect reduction in cost by now, but no likely.

So, we need a place she can play, while we eat. Be it a playground or simply safe area to ride her bike.
any ideas, we've exhausted our knowledge of kid friendly environments.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How about the Jardin Botanico Nacional (Botanical Gardens). Have you been there? She could ride around on her bike while you're sitting down relaxing.:) Take a few folding chairs.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Also el Aquario(aquarium) there is a playground and benches to sit and enjoy the view of the ocean.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well if you encounter a rainy Sunday, try the Adrian Tropical on Independencia near Presidente factory, they have an indoor ball pit that kids love. Those things always gross me out, but the kids have a ball, pardon the pun. This one has tunnels etc. And Burger King is on the other side of the pit [one big room] so you can get a kiddie meal for her while you enjoy your food and drink from AT.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Maybe others can chime in with some good places. The only places that I know of that are kid friendly with a playground, facility areas for them to play, are the above mentioned places plus Mc Donald's and Burger King.

AE mentioned a good place. Fun for the kids.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Also el Aquario(aquarium) there is a playground and benches to sit and enjoy the view of the ocean.

Keep in mind, the aquarium overlooks the sea. If your not careful, and god forbids your kid runs off, they may end up on the other side of the wooden fence. Pretty dangerous grounds, if you ask me.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Plaza Juan Baron on the malecon. Your kid will have a great time but food choices are very limited.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Keep in mind, the aquarium overlooks the sea. If your not careful, and god forbids your kid runs off, they may end up on the other side of the wooden fence. Pretty dangerous grounds, if you ask me.

But the playground is enclosed (there's a fence). I've seen parents send their children inside while they sit down on benches watching them. The playground is not so close to the ocean that they can just run off and jump the wooden fence into the sea.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
But the playground is enclosed (there's a fence). I've seen parents send their children inside while they sit down on benches watching them. The playground is not so close to the ocean that they can just run off and jump the wooden fence into the sea.

Ok.....I was taking, or I should say, thinking about the grounds outside the aquarium building. Where the palm trees and grass covered yard with all the benches facing towards the ocean.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Ok.....I was taking, or I should say, thinking about the grounds outside the aquarium building. Where the palm trees and grass covered yard with all the benches facing towards the ocean.

As you're going into the Aquarium (you can see it from the highway) the park is on the left side of the building. Towards the front and not the back. Thank God.;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Hotel Dominican Fiesta.
Huge area to eat, drink, and play.
Call first as I don't know if it available to the public, without paying a fee,or at all, to get in on Sundays.
You pay a fee, which includes all areas, including both the "Kid's Pool" and the adult pool.
They have a really great "Summer Camp" for Kids, including swimming lessons, two snacks, and lunch, if the kids stay all day.
We used to take the girls, when they rode "Big Wheels", to the "Jardin Botanicos" huge parking lot, 95% empty.
There are shade trees, and benches in that shade, at the edge of the parking lot.
Pack a lunch for the kids,, and a "Cooler" full of "Your Pleasure" for the adults.
And, the place is deserted!
Then, take the "Train" ride around the "Jardin"!
MAYBE, BEFORE "Cocktail Hour" would be best!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Well if you encounter a rainy Sunday, try the Adrian Tropical on Independencia near Presidente factory, they have an indoor ball pit that kids love. Those things always gross me out, but the kids have a ball, pardon the pun. This one has tunnels etc. And Burger King is on the other side of the pit [one big room] so you can get a kiddie meal for her while you enjoy your food and drink from AT.

We go to Adrian Tropical very regularly, but it is not on indepencia, it's on malecon (great position, shame about the stereo foam waterscape) I had no idea there was one on indepencia, nice to know, although I'm boring of the food.