New RD$20.00 note

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Am i the only one that likes coin change?
Maybe its because i have a purse so its technically never in my pockets. I just cant stand it when i go to a colmado or something and they NEVER have change, if i pay for something i want my change not 2 halls mints :tired:
On the other hand i'm loving that new texture, its a great idea. we should make a transition and make all our bills like this.

I like coin change too. The toll taker at the airport toll booth gave me 500 pesos worth of 25 and five peseo coins a few days ago.

I like to have plenty of change in hand.

The old (now defunct) 10 peso notes and the old 20 peso notes were filthy before they were taken out of circulation.

Pockets wear out from keys and coins but in the DR you can get a tailor to make a new pocket for a very reasonable sum.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so what is a good amount to carry if im going to a bar. how much are drinks etc.

100s and 500's Bills are the easiest going,
every Bar or shop has the change for those small Bills handy.
what drinks cost really depends where you drink and what you drink.
a little example from my area on the East:
when I leave my house to grab a cold Beer for to hit the Road such costs at most local places 50 pesos for a Presidente.
that here in my lil Town of Cabeza de Toro, the same rates up in Veron.
if I do the same on the Roadside Bars in bavaro it cost mostly 60-70 pesos for the same Beer, at the Touristy frequented spots in the same area the same Beer(mostly less cold) costs 100-120 Pesos.
in Discos or the so name upper scaled spots you pay 150 Pesos, Hard Rock Cafe 180 plus tax etc, all the whole 9 Yards of pricescale in the same small area, just depending what spots you personally prefer to have the same drink.
others may fit you in about Rates in the Capital City or up in the North to compare, but I would guess it is very similar there, if you know your local street stops you get that Beer nice cold and cheap, at the more fancy locations you pay several time the Rate, not much different than at home.
cheers
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i crumpled one today and it just straigntened itslef again! scary, that ;)