New Revistas

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Evans

so the sticker doesnt last a year from when you get it ...am I right ? and what date does it run from and to.
I think i know what i mean

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And is that permanent as long as I own the car? Lindsey

No. See what SKY said above. Read local papers to discover when next to renew marbete (& it'll probably be on DR1 News too). Every year or so you renew marbete, every 4 years you renew placas & actually get given a new reg. plate. Don't worry about it - that's the advance class for 10 year olds :cheeky:.

J

John Evans

oh right sorry ...you made it sound as though everyone had to do it now...im not confused now...i think

Aug 21, 2007
I looked from the car's outside. Unreadable. So, I got my car keys, unlocked the car. Climbed in and looked. I figured our E was January and F was February. Some of the other letters signifying the months didn't correspond to their first letter. But I CAN count to twelve, so I did that. I don't believe I am due to October. Are you telling me to go again now?

I have a masters degree and I have lived and owned cars in other countries around the world. All I am asking for are simple ABC instructions on the hoops to jump through, and I will dutifully do what is required.

Thanks for the help without the character judgements.

Lindsey

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
If you mean revista, look at outside edge of yours, the month clipped out will tell you. As SKY says better to go now before it gets too near deadline.

As much as I hate to throw a "spanner in the works" our revistas on our vehicles do not have any month clipped out as you describe - what does that tell me? :ermm:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If your sticker does not say 2008-2009 you need the new one. Simple enough?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have a masters degree and I have lived and owned cars in other countries around the world. All I am asking for are simple ABC instructions on the hoops to jump through, and I will dutifully do what is required. Thanks for the help without the character judgements. Lindsey

Yep, my masters was equally useful in understanding how things worked when we first moved here.................:);)

To try to provide some context: resist the temptation to use first world logic. It just gets in the way. First world logic is telling you Lindsey & John Evans that a 12 month sticker starting in October 07 expires in September 08. Yes? OK that's what you've been led to believe for 40 some years. The best thing you can do here is SUSPEND that belief.

Instead, work on the notion of damage control. You will need a 2008-9 sticker sometime in 2008. If you don't go early you will a)find long lines b) they might run out of stickers & you could wait several months for the next lot. In the coming months if AMET see a 2008-9 sticker on your windshield they are unlikely to pull you over. However, if they don't & you only have 2007 sticker you can be pulled over. Then you find yourself debating the 12 month October to September issue in Spanish including the finer points of your logic which will not be part of the AMET officer's logic, trust me :cheeky:. If you get a crooked AMET officer he might try intimidation as a way of extracting a 'regalo' or threatening to impound the vehicle. But..........you can avoid all the hassle by doing it now. It only takes 45 pesos & a small investment of time. It also enables you to post this time next year when the subject comes up again on DR1, by which time you will be a seasoned revista procurer and I can take a rest.

Well done on exercising lateral thinking & counting to twelve but the months all should be the same starting letter as in English except January (Enero). Course your 2007 revista might have been misprinted.............not impossible :cheeky:.

Hope this helps with understanding the 'why'.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Has anyone been able to get a revista sticker in POP recently. I went two weeks ago and was told they where out of stock. Also they put a stamp on my bank reciept and said stick that on the window to avoid any problems with the AMET. :surprised

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Has anyone been able to get a revista sticker in POP recently. I went two weeks ago and was told they where out of stock. Also they put a stamp on my bank reciept and said stick that on the window to avoid any problems with the AMET. :surprised

See posts 1 & 2 on this thread, both dated 19th. March. The revista in post 2 was also obtained in Puerto Plata.

FYI the Motor Vehicle office by the ballpark in PP has the new Revistas. You need to go to BanR first and pay 45rd. Then get a copy of your Matricula and a copy of your Insurance Card and go to the MV office. Takes 5 minutes once you have the papers.

I did this last week and not only did Transporte Terrestre only take 5 mins but it also took less than 5 mins to pay the tax at BanReservas. BanReservas has always been the time consuming part so I was agreeably surprised. Nay, shocked. :surprised

Aug 21, 2007
Now that I finally the process that Lambada and Friends were so patiently attempting to explain, I have successfully received my 2008-9 Revista.

Just to clear up one item. At BR, a passport will not suffice. They need a cedula to write the receipt. Anyone's will do. I was at the BanReservas in Sosua, so I ran next door to Century 21, got a copy of someone's cedula, returned to the bank, and obtained the receipt necessary for proof of payment for the Revista.

You are all right. It is a quick and easy process.

The hardest part of it all was removing the old Revista from my windshield.

Lindsey

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Errrrrrrr... can someone tell me how to get my new revista please? Hehehe, only joking, the rain must have kicked off my 'sense of humour' buds!!!!!!

Aug 21, 2007
Lambada, I have now graduated to sixth grade. Don't think I can qualify yet as your resident expert.

Whirleybird, ask Lambada how to get your Revista......I am sure she would LOVE to explain the process AGAIN!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Is the office by the stadium in Puerto Plata still the only place you can get the revista in the Sosua area?

I think it's been mentioned before, but a few of the Amet cops have or at least had them for sale a few months ago. Other than that option, Yes to your Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.