New service SDQ - Medellin

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Sky High Aviation starts new nonstop service to Medellin twice a week effective DEC 9.

I really appreciate you posting this as I used Sky High to return from Medellin on Monday of this week and it was great. Not having to go through Panama (Copa) or Fort Lauderdale (Jet Blue or Spirit) my usual routes was a pleasure.
I hope they make some $$ and keep it going. I paid only $212. (one way) and no charge for my checked bag.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I really appreciate you posting this as I used Sky High to return from Medellin on Monday of this week and it was great. Not having to go through Panama (Copa) or Fort Lauderdale (Jet Blue or Spirit) my usual routes was a pleasure.
I hope they make some $$ and keep it going. I paid only $212. (one way) and no charge for my checked bag.

Excelent, Im sure if they do the correct promotions and keep good regular price, and also from time to time promo sales that rout will be a success, they plan also to fly into Barranquilla. Also I think they should make an study and see wich caribbean island they could make conections because that will help them to have a descent load factor.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Riva_31, the thing that concerned me is that there were 6 people on the flight and of those 4 were Sky High employees. However, when I asked the steward if they usually have more people he said yes they always do have more "paying" customers. Since I have an office in Medellin and live in the D.R. they will get my business again in the future.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Riva_31, the thing that concerned me is that there were 6 people on the flight and of those 4 were Sky High employees. However, when I asked the steward if they usually have more people he said yes they always do have more "paying" customers. Since I have an office in Medellin and live in the D.R. they will get my business again in the future.

Then this new route is perfect for you, good thing is that we dont need visa to visit Colombia, that will make it to have a faster development, they can works with travel agencies too, so fater up to October 2019 arround 24,000 Dominicans had been visitting Colombia, please let us know for you next trip the load factor, they just started flying so by January occupation must be going up.

Maybe I should plan a trip to Medellin next year if I can catch a good offer.

Last edited:

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I didn't see them in the aggregators, i.e. cheaptickets.com ,Kayak. I know that is costly for an airline but that would surely increase their load factor. I took my Dominican girlfriend down for my first week down this trip and we went Copa through Panama. I don't remember how much I paid but it was a lot more than $212.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I didn't see them in the aggregators, i.e. cheaptickets.com ,Kayak. I know that is costly for an airline but that would surely increase their load factor. I took my Dominican girlfriend down for my first week down this trip and we went Copa through Panama. I don't remember how much I paid but it was a lot more than $212.

Copa and Avianca are always arround 600.00 and more.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Is this flight operating ? Or any direct to Colombia ?

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Is this flight operating ? Or any direct to Colombia ?
I saw one company started flights now, Avianca

With the arrival this Thursday, at the Las Americas International Airport, from Bogotá, of the first flight of the airline Avianca, connectivity between Colombia and the Caribbean region is reactivated.

The airline's operation to the Dominican Republic during this month will be a weekly flight to Santo Domingo and 4 weekly frequencies to Punta Cana.