New to Northern VA and to the forum

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
When are you guys trying to do this? I live in the Hampton Roads area but I have to know exactly when this will happen. Keith, sorry I haven't been able to go up there and take you up on your offer for Presidente but as you can see, we in the Air Force are really busy right now............anyways, let me know so I can just hop in a car and drive up there. Thanks...........

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Confirmed that Los Toros band will be playing this sat. at Cuzco Restaurant II on University Blvd. in MD. Tickets are $35 in advance and she didn't think there would be any left to sell at the door, nor could she tell me how much they would be then.

We won't be going, just am not in the mood for noise. But Sanchocho when would this gathering be planned for, with enough notice my husband should be able to get off work, and dominoes is his game...

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
kjdrga said:
Confirmed that Los Toros band will be playing this sat. at Cuzco Restaurant II on University Blvd. in MD. Tickets are $35 in advance and she didn't think there would be any left to sell at the door, nor could she tell me how much they would be then.

We won't be going, just am not in the mood for noise. But Sanchocho when would this gathering be planned for, with enough notice my husband should be able to get off work, and dominoes is his game...
Kalima,
thanks for the info. Sorry you won't go, but I understand perfectly.
Anybody else interested in seeing Los Toros? PM me if so.
Regards,
Keith

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Where can you buy Presidente in NoVa? I haven't seen it anywhere other than Havana Village.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
ALB3 said:
Where can you buy Presidente in NoVa? I haven't seen it anywhere other than Havana Village.
ALB,
I bought it at Giant on the corner of Backlick & Braddock in Annandale. I'm told the Giant on S. Van Dorn also has it. Evidently there is now an importer/distributor here in No.Va. Horraaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Best Regards,
Keith

P.S. You can also find them at my house, properly chilled.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
The corner of Backlick and Braddock?!? That's only 10 minutes from my place. I'm running out the door now!

Thanks!!

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
I vote for Saturday the 15 th.

I am leaving for the DR on the 20th, so the weekend of the 15th would be the best time for me.

Mr. Sancocho if you and the wife are planing to be in the area this Saturday, give me a holler. The wife is dying to meet another Dominicana ( she complains that I'm no fun to speak too in spanish, because I'm too slow:().

But, but I'll get better honest I will...... :nervous:.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
The giant from Annandale is about a 10 minute walk from our apartments. You will find a better price in almost any Shoppers than Giant. The SHoppers on Pickett and 236 has it and so does then one in Annandale on 236 and Bauregard. It's about $6.80 for a 6 pack.

Buen Provecho

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
kjdrga said:
The giant from Annandale is about a 10 minute walk from our apartments. You will find a better price in almost any Shoppers than Giant. The SHoppers on Pickett and 236 has it and so does then one in Annandale on 236 and Bauregard. It's about $6.80 for a 6 pack.

Buen Provecho
Thanks Kalima for the tip about SFW now having Presidente. I will certainly check that out! :cool:
I know Giant's more expensive as a rule, but the one on Braddock & Backlick (near your house) is convenient to me, as I pass by it almost daily to & from St. Michael's.
Best Regards,
Keith

P.S. Curiously enough, the other Giants I have checked so far do not carry Presidente (yet). But I will talk to the managers and see about getting that corrected promptly! ;)

vmarchosky

Nov 8, 2003
hey

I am not from DR but my mom is. I just moved here to VA I am about 30 minutes from DC.... I have not found any latin things to do in this area but I am sure that there are plenty to do

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: I vote for Saturday the 15 th.

Jwb said:

Mr. Sancocho if you and the wife are planing to be in the area this Saturday, give me a holler. The wife is dying to meet another Dominicana ( she complains that I'm no fun to speak too in spanish, because I'm too slow:().
JWB, guess you don't read your PM's. I was in Woodbridge today with my son, and wanted to meet. We'll be there tomorrow (Sun. the 8th) as well -- he has a 2:30 soccer match at Tyrell Fields by Veterans Park. You & I should hook up at some point, because my dominicana wife would like to meet more dominicanas in the area too. Perhaps Sancochojoe (who I talked to at length last night) & his spouse, you & yours, and my wife and I can get together sometime before Xmas. Whatcha think?
Best Regards,
Keith

vmarchosky

Nov 8, 2003
Keith R i am in fredericksburg... thanks for the info..
i will be moving to a town close to baltimore withing the next 2 weeks... any suggestions?

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Thanks AZB and Keith_R for the kind remarks. Yes, Keith is from Huntington, WV. I still can't believe that. Just goes to show (like old HB) that us hillbillies do get educated.

Hey, I will go for a No. VA DR1 party. If I do another Santo Domingo party, it will be next May. Hey, thanks on the Presidente beer tip. Can't find it in Woodbridge. I may have to get some in Annadale. Got to have the best beer. Yeah, Superstar has not been posting. (perhaps just lurking). In response to original post, I have met some Dominicans. The biggest surprise was meeting a stunning blonde named Grace from Santo Domingo. She married a CPA who works in Tysons Corner. I didn't know the D.R. had natural blondes, but I now know differently.