new to the dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bring a roll of Scotch Tape, affix an RD $2000 note to forehead, and you will have your choice of trollups on Pedro Clisante after dark.

That 2,000 peso note will work for trollops too..........

who often work in concert with the aforementioned troll ups.

Jul 28, 2014
If you are paying 2K for "company' you are paying way TOO much! Haitian "ladies" can be convinced to work for under 1K

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
Woah Oct 2016?! You are a hardcore planner my man!!

Things will probably change in places to go by then, half of the places will be closed i am sure.

Read the North Coast forum and the rest of the forums and you will get most of the info you need.

Welcome to dr1.

thanks for the advice. i know places seem to close and open every other minute. trying to get a general idea.

did the same thing before my first trip to AC. this is the way to get some solid advice way before my plan even leaves the ground.

they're the same the world over they can smell fresh meat

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
First, welcome to DR1!

Sosua can be a fun town, think "never ending bachelor party," and you'll have the right idea.

There's a small strip on Pedro Clisante where everybody gathers from about 7 p.m. on. Impossible to miss. Once you're there, you can figure the rest out.

I'd consider renting a small villa. Relatively inexpensive for two people, spacious, more privacy, less noise, and you get your own pool.

The advice you've gotten so far is really good. Restaurants are totally subjective, of course, but my recommendations would be:

- Jose O'Shays in Cabarete for breakfast: really good, plus a nice change of scenery. They also have great regular menu items. It's the best of the "on the beach" restaurants, though it can be more expensive than the options below (you're paying for the great location).

- Bourbon Street at the Victorian House Hotel in Sosua: solid menu in general, and quite likely the largest, meatiest and tastiest ribs in the country. That's not an exaggeration, they really are that good, and don't need any sauce at all. "Big D" used to be a personal chef for celebrity types, and it shows. Seafood is good, although portions can be smaller. The shrimp po boy is one of the best I've had anywhere.

- Morua Moi: consistent, widely diverse menu. Not the best at any particular dish, but very good with most things. It was my favorite until the owner felt the urge to call my friends and I "Playa" every time he saw us. We've been customers for a decade, and his (co-owner)wife or their long-term staff of waiters don't seem to have issues with remembering us.

- Baileys: serves good NA food, and is open later than any of the above except O'Shays.

They all offer service on NA timelines, meaning you're generally eating 20 minutes after you order, unless you got something fairly complicated. I've eaten at all several times, and have never had stomach problems.

thanks for that. sounds like some good grub.what is NA food?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
thanks for that. sounds like some good grub.what is NA food?

NA = North American.

By that I mean the typical "comfort" food you will find in most "Applebees" type restaurants, like hamburgers, basic pasta and pizza, chicken and fish done 50 different ways, and their "secret recipe" BBQ.

A word of caution: you're more than welcome to ask general questions about DR on this board, but I'd refrain from seeking extended info on picking up working girls in Sosua, as that's not really what DR1 is about. Trust me, there are plenty of other easily findable sites out there that will give you just what you're looking for.

Use good sense, be safe, and have fun!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Oh boy.

1K Haitian hoes.

Just lost my appetite!!!!! :speechles:disappoin:rolleyes:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
DR1 is not a chica/"dating" site, take that elsewhere.

Intro is over, bigdaddy please start another thread in the regular forums if you have more questions that don't include hooking up in Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.